Recommended books for girl at grade 4&5?

Would anyone suggest some good children books for girl in grade 4 or 5. British writers are preferred.

Best Answer

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Sherlock Holmes

Grace Cavendish - Lady Grace Mysteries

E. Higgins - Black Book of Secrets

Stephinie Meyer - Twilight Series

J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter Series

C. S. Lewis - Narnia Collection

Enid Blyton - Far Away Tree, Secret Seven and Famous Five

Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile

Rudyard Kipling - The Jungle Book

Mark Twain - Huckleberry Finn

Charles Dickens - Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol and Great Expectations

Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Anthony and Cleopatra

Lewis Carol - Alice in Wonderland

I'm in your equivalent to 9th gradeover here in England. All these books I would recommend, brilliant books each and everyone! Enjoy! xxxx

• Anastasia - Stewart

A Hundred Dresses – Eleanor Estes

A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle

Aquamarine –Alice Hoffman

Diary of A Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney

Fairy Tales - Hans Christian Andersen

Graceling – Kristin Cashore

Pippi Longstocking - Astrid Lindgren

The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett

The Last Unicorn - Peter S. Beagle

The Weirdstone of Brisingamen - Alan Garner

Because of Winne-Dixe - Kate DiCamillo

The Tale of Despereaux - Kate DiCamillo

Goose Chase - Patrice Kindl

Woman In The Wall – Patrice Kindl

• poggi

As a teenage female myself, i might easily propose Jane Eyre, one in all my admired novels. Wuthering Heights is a sturdy better half piece, because of the fact the authors have been sisters and the books share some thematic overlap. Tess of the D'Urbervilles is likewise in slightly an identical vein. Their Eyes have been watching God/the colour crimson could be a reliable pairing; so might The Bell Jar/ The Awakening. All could be reliable for a extreme college age female. because of the fact the Awakening is extremely short, i might propose that in case you desire some thing rapid. in simple terms as a be responsive to warning, I bear in mind the colour crimson and The Bell Jar having some exceptionally mature content. The Catcher in the Rye is powerful summer season reading for a teenager; this is hassle-free to get into and intensely humorous. Anthem and The Crucible are exciting and don't take long to be certain. The Metamorphosis and The Stranger are additionally exceptionally short, yet you may desire to no longer locate them as right this moment enticing. each and all the 4 could be examine fairly interior of a few hours. Robinson Crusoe, the three Musketeers, and The final of the Mohicans are reliable in case you like journey thoughts with a historic putting. the three Musketeers is the longest, however the finest to get into, in my experience; the different 2 can drag in places. and then there have been None is exceptionally mild reading and somewhat staggering, distinctly in case you like secret dramas. i think of I examine it in a night. the photograph of Dorian gray, All Quiet on the Western front, and An American Tragedy have been all good reads, nonetheless no longer inevitably my favorites. i haven't examine those myself, yet i've got been counseled by skill of a reliable chum that As I Lay death and issues disintegrate are very reliable. additionally, i've got heard A Farewell to palms and seize-22 are meant to be reliable.

Well, there's Harry Potter by JK Rowling, and Septimus Heap by Angie Sage. They are both about young wizards and both of the authors are British. In third grade I read the Lord of the Rings, and I think JRR Tolkien was British. I THINK. Well, you should really give those a try cause they're all pretty awesome.

The Animorphs series is her number one recommendation.

The Hobbit. Trust me, this book is fantastic.

Nothing but the truth by AVI

frindle by ???

hatchet by (same guy who made the river)

the river by ???

AND NO HATCHET IS NOT A MURDER STORY.