Cold Mountain help please?

I have to develop a short composition explaining how the author uses the setting to convey an opinion or view on a critical social issue.

I also have to find a current news story that reflects one of the main issues or themes in the novel. I have tried to find one, but I have had no luck.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

Favorite Answer

Well first of all the author uses to character's points of view. Fir the strory goes with Inmans and than with Ada's. each explain what is going on with them. The author wrote the novel in this way so that the readers could understand both characters and their personality and history of life.

With the current news i don't know.Google any story like cold mountain maybe.

Charles Frazier’s new book, “Nightwoods,” comes out in October.

Another important Cold Mountain related story last week came not from the North Carolina mountains, but from Santa Fe via the New York Times, which reported that the Santa Fe Opera has commissioned an opera based on the book. Although it is scheduled for the 2015 season, the Times reported some details are already set “with music by the Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Jennifer Higdon set to a libretto by Gene Scheer. Scheduled for the 2015 summer season, it will feature the baritone Nathan Gunn in the role of W. P. Inman, the Confederate soldier (played by Jude Law in the 2003 film version of the novel), who deserts the army as the Civil War is coming to an end.”

I FOUND THIS ON THIS WEBSITE

(http://www.garnernews.net/view/full_story/15103795...