How to make a circuit board?

alright so im trying to make a switch that when i push it the device runs for a certain amount of time. i would like to be able to adjust the time manually with out like programing or anything, so i guess i would need a dial and some sort of display...what i don't know how to do, is put all this together and... show more alright so im trying to make a switch that when i push it the device runs for a certain amount of time. i would like to be able to adjust the time manually with out like programing or anything, so i guess i would need a dial and some sort of display...what i don't know how to do, is put all this together and what i actually need to make it work like my processor? i guess. the most important ting is that the circuit has to be 120v thanks!
Update: just wanted to add that im trying to make a spot welder and what i need to do is be able to push the button and have power go to the transformer for a set amount of time and the shut off, i would also like to have a solenoidd activate during this time and finallyy i want to have a way to adjust the time on the... show more just wanted to add that im trying to make a spot welder and what i need to do is be able to push the button and have power go to the transformer for a set amount of time and the shut off, i would also like to have a solenoidd activate during this time and finallyy i want to have a way to adjust the time on the welder so that i can tune it for what i am working with
Update 2: just wanted to add that im trying to make a spot welder and what i need to do is be able to push the button and have power go to the transformer for a set amount of time and the shut off, i would also like to have a solenoidd activate during this time and finallyy i want to have a way to adjust the time on the... show more just wanted to add that im trying to make a spot welder and what i need to do is be able to push the button and have power go to the transformer for a set amount of time and the shut off, i would also like to have a solenoidd activate during this time and finallyy i want to have a way to adjust the time on the welder so that i can tune it for what i am working with
Update 3: just wanted to add that im trying to make a spot welder and what i need to do is be able to push the button and have power go to the transformer for a set amount of time and the shut off, i would also like to have a solenoidd activate during this time and finallyy i want to have a way to adjust the time on the... show more just wanted to add that im trying to make a spot welder and what i need to do is be able to push the button and have power go to the transformer for a set amount of time and the shut off, i would also like to have a solenoidd activate during this time and finallyy i want to have a way to adjust the time on the welder so that i can tune it for what i am working with
2 answers 2