Washing machine has musty smell?

Is there away to get rid of the musty dirty smell that is in my washer it is starting to affect my clothing

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jo Ann
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Run some water into it after you have washed very soiled clothes. You don't have to run a lot of water and put some pinesol liquid Lysol into the water and spin out. What has happened the trap always and is suppose to have remaining water in it. If you haven't washed clothes for a while. The trap with the water evaporates and allows odor to back into the washer. It also helps to leave the lid up until it drys off inside because you are aiding mold to grow. Jo Ann

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Yes, use the Tide Washing Machine Cleaner until the smell goes away. This should be done at least once a month.

• 3 years ago

whilst u open the door of the washing gadget is there a rubber seal? if so look in there and notice if there is any water. if so clean it out and attempt to apply bleach. and then verify no outfits are interior the washing gadget and fill it up with water and placed some vinager in there to help clean the washing gadget . u may additionally bypass to sears or another places the place they have sell washers and that they have this pill that uput interior the washing gadget by using it self and it cleans the washing gadget for you.

• 8 years ago

That has happened to me before and i put a touch of clorox in the Washer and washed it like a regular load!Hope it can help:)

Source(s): experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Run the washing machine just with water and a cup of baking soda. That should help.

• 8 years ago

you are probably using to much soap it grows bacteria take fill the thing with a small amount of water vinegar and lemon juice then run it like a regular load

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

wash it , it must have some fongus in there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.