I might have TMJ / Tinnitus...?

I was told i have TMJ and am curious as to how these "splints" will fix my jaw. My jaw cracks on the left side every time i open it (eat, yawn etc..) and if i eat something such as gum i can only chew it for 10 minutes before it gets to painful to chew. It has locked between cracks sometimes which is very... show more I was told i have TMJ and am curious as to how these "splints" will fix my jaw. My jaw cracks on the left side every time i open it (eat, yawn etc..) and if i eat something such as gum i can only chew it for 10 minutes before it gets to painful to chew. It has locked between cracks sometimes which is very painful.. and when i clench my jaw i can hear a slight high pitch noise! If you know what can cause all this as well as an effective treatment thats worked for you 'd like to know because ive never been anywhere extensively loud such as a concert and ive never had any trauma to my jaw. I do however have an over bite and my bottom jaw doesnt sit properly, it is shifted to the left more than the right. I dont want to spend a lot of money on a treatment that wont work.
5 answers 5