i filed my 2011 tax return on feb 3rd 2012 when should i get it?

it was accepted by the irs on feb 7 according to the irs direct deposit chart i should have gotten it today feb 15th but i didnt. how much longer will it take?

Favorite Answer

I filed with turbo tax and was accepted on the same day but after the 11 am cutoff. Base on their chart, I was supposed to get my refund on Feb 15th. I checked wmr a day or two after the 72 hours to check my status and all I got was "You've entered the wrong information." The following Wednesday, wmr gave me a DD of Feb 21 and few days later it changed to Feb 14. Checked wmr days later again, and it gave me "wrong information." With all the changes, I called the refund line and it confirmed a DD of Feb 14.

Called bank on Feb 14 and no pending transaction.

I believe you will get your refund between now and the 21st of February. They gave me and my husband different DD even though we are married and filing a joint return. You would have better luck finding out about your refund by calling your bank because an IRS agent admitted that with their new system, they do not even know or able to see the exact DD for taxpapers until the deposit has already been sent out.

I e-filed on the 2nd and it was accepted on the 2nd, and like you said, according to the chart it should have been direct deposited today (the 15th) but nothing yet. My sister filed the 24th and received hers on the 31st. I'm sorry and I know it sucks, I was supposed to go new car shopping out of town tomorrow, but alas if there is no money I cannot go. I'm hoping it will magically show up tonight, but I highly doubt it. Good Luck!

I checked WMR and it now says that I should receive my refund by 2/28...seriously! No where near the 10-21 days it says!

It depends on what form you filed and if you filed a paper return or electronically, there is currently a delay on e-files that IRS has not really explained away. The information the IRS web site is providing is NOT precise. Hopefully just a few days..You can try calling them if you can get through!

Best of LUCK!

Source(s): Experience

Mine was also accepted on the 7th and not here yet. From what I understand they received a lot more returns then anticipated and its taking a little longer to get them out. I would assume next week but that's just me assuming

Don't know if this will help, but after doing research, most everyone I have seen and everyone I know who filed january 31st just got their refund today..... so maybe 3 more days before we get ours???.....i also filed on 2/3 as well.....