what country is more 'spiritual' to visit? CHINA or NEPAL?? (im into buddhism)?

CHINA or NEPAL????

i want to book one for november.

Favorite Answer

Myanmar.

Dharamshala, India and Bodhgaya India. Meet Goenka in India.

Sri Lanka.

Thailand

@above, Nepal is country not a state of India.

• ?

My step-son teaches English in Korea. He travels all over the orient on his time off.

He says that in China, the Buddhist monks are allowed to practice Buddhism, as long as they do it in public so that tourists can say, "Ah yes!! The Chinese government no longer repressed freedom of religion. I see it for myself"

A section of a downtown road will be cordoned off, and the Buddhist monks must practice their rituals there.

Hardly spiritual at all, in China.

But I think you will find that Western materialism has pervaded all areas of this globe. And that human nature if human nature, wherever you go.

If you want to touch spirituality, try a Buddhist retreat, or a Catholic retreat at a monastery or convent. That can be done anywhere in the world, even in the US.

If you are bent on going to the East, I would suggest you do some of the spiritual pilgrimages in India, to Buddhist and Hindu celebrations and locations. There are some wonderful Buddhist retreats in northern India, some of which require a two-day hike and that's the only way into the small retreat centre. Of course, unless you LIKE meditating for hours a day, this may not be what you are looking for.

Or take a non-spiritual, but more-natural horseback trek through northern Mongolia (includes camping out on the way and visits to old Buddhist monasteries shelled by Russian artillery in the 1930's).

Or a trek into the kingdom of Mustang (on the border of Nepal and China).

These latter two are not as spiritual as you are thinking, but you are going to be disappointed no matter where you go, because human nature is everywhere ... at least everywhere that humans are!

Take a Nepal to India tour.

• Yurii

For me personally I prefer Nepal, people there are so delightful, not that the chinese aren't but I prefer Nepal (:

china nd anyways nepal is not a country, it just a city in india so better CHINA