Which guitarist is better?

i know eric clapton and jimmy page have done a lot for our current classic rock , and other rock genres, but if one asks you to vote then which one would you prefer and why.

Thanks

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

They are like apples and oranges. Clapton was purely a blues guitarist whereas Page was a hard rock/folk/blues (sometimes) guitarist. Cream is one of my favourite bands so is Led Zeppelin, Clapton had a REALLY successful solo career whereas Page...not so much. Overall, I couldn't live without either of them and they are both completely different styles.

• 9 years ago

Jimmy Page any day of the week. Why? Sounds better, never really had anything going for Clapton.

Plus they're both English so who cares?? =P

Source(s): Jimmy and Jimi beat the sh*t outta Clapton.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Jimmy Page

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think jimmy page is better only 4 clasic rock, but 4 all other genres Clapton is king

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It has to be Page. The way I think of it, the better guitarist would have been involved in the most consistently good music and some of Clapton's solo efforts were shocking.

• vtd288
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Clapton.

• 9 years ago

Eric Clapton was amazing, but I would DEFIANTLY choose Jimmy Page. No one can mimic his amazing skills.

• 9 years ago

I think that eric clapton is a better guitarist

• 9 years ago

Jimi Hendrix was better than both Clapton or Page.

• 9 years ago

jimmy<3

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.