Which guitarist is better?

i know eric clapton and jimmy page have done a lot for our current classic rock , and other rock genres, but if one asks you to vote then which one would you prefer and why.

Thanks

• Favorite Answer

They are like apples and oranges. Clapton was purely a blues guitarist whereas Page was a hard rock/folk/blues (sometimes) guitarist. Cream is one of my favourite bands so is Led Zeppelin, Clapton had a REALLY successful solo career whereas Page...not so much. Overall, I couldn't live without either of them and they are both completely different styles.

Jimmy Page any day of the week. Why? Sounds better, never really had anything going for Clapton.

Plus they're both English so who cares?? =P

Source(s): Jimmy and Jimi beat the sh*t outta Clapton.

Jimmy Page

I think jimmy page is better only 4 clasic rock, but 4 all other genres Clapton is king

It has to be Page. The way I think of it, the better guitarist would have been involved in the most consistently good music and some of Clapton's solo efforts were shocking.

• vtd288

Clapton.

Eric Clapton was amazing, but I would DEFIANTLY choose Jimmy Page. No one can mimic his amazing skills.

I think that eric clapton is a better guitarist

Jimi Hendrix was better than both Clapton or Page.

jimmy<3