Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

Need serious help with morning sickness?!?

I am about 6 weeks and 2 days ago morning sickness kicked in. It was okay at first, just making me feel a bit nauseous all day but i was able to get on with things relatively fine. But yesterday and today have been terrible, I have not been able to move from my bed as every time i do im sick again. I cant keep any food down and even having little snacks don't help much. Ive tried eating ginger biscuits, fruit and lucozade to help keep me going but it doesn't seem to be working and still everything i eat and drink comes back up half hour later. Im going to Southampton in 2 days to visit my boyfriends parents and we don't want them to know yet and im not sure how im going to cope with hiding it from them. I haven't got time to go to the doctors as every time i get out of bed im sick and cant even make it to the corner shop without being sick. I don't want to have to cancel my trip to Southampton but im dreading the car ride up there with my boyfriends sister in the back. She'll know straight away if i have to stop every 20 minutes to be sick. We really don't want anyone to know and i have no idea how to stop myself throwing up... Any help will be great xx

Favorite Answer

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. While there is no guaranty that you can prevent morning sickness all the time, there are several things that you can do that may limit the morning sickness you have - either the frequency or the severity morning sickness that you may suffer. Some women have found that they can avoid morning sickness symptoms altogether with these simple tips:

1.Try to prevent morning sickness before you start your day. If you start the day queasy, you most likely won't feel well the rest of the day. The best way to do this is take preventive measures before you even get out of bed. ◦Keep some snacks on your bedside table. When you get up to go to the ladies room at night, you can nibble on a few crackers. This will help absorb stomach acid and help keep your blood sugar from getting to low.

◦Before you get out of bed, nibble on a few more crackers - or

have your husband bring you some dry toast, granola, or other bland to munch on before you start the day. The same principal holds true: you need to get something in your stomach to bring your blood sugar up and absorb some of the stomach acid that may cause you to get queasy as soon as you are on your feet.

◦Ease yourself into your day. Once you have nibbled in bed,

slowly get up, and nibble a little more in the kitchen. If your stomach will let you, try to take in a little protein (peanut or almond butter on toast, or maybe a little yogurt). Take it slow. Hurried and rushed movements on an empty stomach can cause morning sickness to make a sudden, dramatic, and unwanted appearance.

2.Instead of eating three meals a day, try to eat a snack or mini-meal every two hours or so throughout your day. As mentioned, low blood sugar can cause a queasy stomach, which is why many women experience morning sickness in the afternoons - several hours after they last ate.

3.Don't forget your bedtime snack! Dairy foods act as natural antacid foods and can neutralize stomach acids while you sleep (I personally recommend a Dairy Queen blizzard). Fruit and crackers, or other complex carbohydrates, will help keep your stomach from filling with nausea triggering acid.

4.Learn from Moms of Toddlers: Keep crackers, a baggie of Cheerios, or veggie sticks in your purse or at your desk to nibble on through out your day. There are now 'single serving packs' of crackers that you can buy at the store. I use to buy the Ritz crackers with peanut butter snack packs and keep some at home, in my purse, in the rig, and at my desk. Even if you can't sit down and eat a mini meal, the snacks will help keep your blood sugar up.

5.Eat morning sickness preventive foods. You're probably already watching your pregnancy diet, but preventing morning sickness is another reason to eat plenty of fruit-filled smoothers, and low-fat, high-carb foods. Some morning sickness preventive foods include: ◦Avacodos

◦Protein - meat and eggs are a great source of protein, as are nuts (raw or dry roasted are best, avoid the honey roasted nuts as the sugar can upset your stomach) and black beans or kidney beans

◦Dairy products like cheese, milk and yogurt (watch the sugar content in the yogurt, as sugar can trigger a queasy stomach)

◦Spread Peanut Butter or another Nut butter (like almond or cashew butter) on crackers, bread, apple slices or celery sticks

◦Complex carbohydrates like whole-grain pasta, crackers, bread and brown rice

• Jill P

If you literally can't keep anything down, you're going to endanger your pregnancy very soon, as you'll become malnourished and dehydrated. Denial and hoping it will go away are not solutions. You need to see a doctor, even if you throw up all the way there, who can prescribe something to keep the nausea at bay. Good luck.