whats better a ps3 or the upcoming wii 2.0 (wii U)?

any details?

Favorite Answer

Without a doubt, the PS3. I have an Xbox 360 (I'm a huge Halo fan, and Halo is exclusively an Xbox title), but recognize that PS3 is head and shoulders above any other console system out there.

To be honest, most PS3 games don't even come close to reaching the potential that the PS3 is capable of. The fact that Sony's releasing a new system has more to do with marketing than actually needing to upgrade to keep up with the competitors (technnologically, that it).

The Wii U will have many top-quality titles on the PS3 or Xbox 360 ported over to it, as well as console exclusives and first-party games like Zelda and Mario. The Wii U has been lauded by third-party developers that have received development hardware. The Wii U has the added advantage of 50% more power than the PS3, and an online system rumored to be as good as the PlayStation Network. The controller has been called comfortable by everyone who has used it, and as innovative by third-party developers. The PS3, on the other hand, is an old console by current standards, While it is still one of the best consoles ever made, it still can't stand up to the Wii U. In short, the Wii U is better than the PS3.

The better system is the one that plays the games you want to play.

If you want to play Zelda or Mario then you'll want a Wii(U).

If you want to play God Of War 3 or CoD then you want a PS3.

Yes, it's that simple.

It's hard to talk about the Wii-U since it hasn't been released yet, and there really aren't many details about it. Nintendo has said the Wii-U will support HD, and will be about as powerful as the current PS3 and 360. We don't know anything about games, but it's obvious that all of Nintendo's first party titles will make multiple appearances on the Wii-U. A Pikmin and Zelda game have already been confirmed. Whether these are simply HD re-releases or will be original titles remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen if the Wii-U will be backwards compatible with original Wii games. I believe it will be...but again, details from Nintendo have been scarce.

The big Video Game Industry Show, E3, is coming up in June and everyone expects we'll be hearing a lot more about the Wii-U since its release date is supposedly late this year.

The PS3 is better, my family has a PS3 and i can honestly say it has not let us down. the PS3 can play blu-ray and regular DVD's, also the PS3 online is not bad at all, and its free. If you have netflix, you would have to pay more for other consoles, but the PS3 you don't, we also looked at the Wii U, which was your other choice, and it will not change any features. The Wii U is just an ad-on which will work as like lights in shooting games, or an inventory in others, however Nintendo will need to do something bigger to catch up to Sony and Microsoft, they may have been ahead before, but now their products are degrading

Source(s): I have a PS3 and also my family and i did some research to see if buying the wii u for our wii would be worth it

Nintendo themselves produce the main suitable video games available for the Wii: -super destroy Brothers Brawl -super Mario Galaxy -The Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess -Mario Kart Wii -Wii in effective condition -Metroid third-occasion video games on the Wii are nevertheless hit or miss, yet something made by utilising Nintendo is frequently precise-notch.

I own a Wii, Ps3 and an Xbox kinect. Ps3 is by far better because of blu-ray, graphics, free internet etc.

If I were you I would buy the Ps3. It's a little pricy for 320gb but its most definitely worth it

Source(s): I'm a gamer
  • 17R3W

According to the developers it's about 50% more powerful.

I'm also going to ask that @Donnie Porko, do a little research be-fore spouting non-sense.

Nintendo has often had the most powerful console of the time.

SNES was some what more powerful then the Genesis, and the N64 was more powerful then the PS1 / Sega Saturn.

The GameCube was also the second most powerful console of the time.

- 17R3W

• P C

I would go with the Wii U, as you can use your old Wii controllers on it, and play your Wii games on it too

Source(s): Wii U Prize Draw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs1PKAGE_1Y

the wii u is supposed to be more powerful than the ps3 (according to some rumors), but i have my doubts because i just don't think nintendo would go all out since it hasn't gone all out on graphics or power since never. nintendo has never cared about graphics or power so i don't see nintendo would suddenly care about it with the wii u.

You don't need details cuz PS3 is much better and always will be than Nitendo Wii.