Can I leave out my freshman year if Im transfering as a junior from my third college?

I am applying to schools as a "junior" with a gpa of 3.5 from my local c.c. the year before that I went to a c.c in maryland but didn't do too well, my year before that i went to arizona but completley bombed out. if i had to send in my transcripts it would probably kill my gpa. I never transfered any credits from arizona so i was wondering if i could lie and say i took a year off or just completley avoid it. i dont want to jeapordize my application, but I also want a shot at good schools.

• Aya
    Favorite Answer

If you don't want to jeopardize your application, lying is the worst thing you could possibly do. You need to send transcripts from ALL schools previously attended. If you really don't want to include those, contact the school and explain that you don't plan to transfer any credits from your first school and see if they still need transcripts.

Did you get financial aid at the old school? Will you apply for aid at this new school? If so, then they'll see the old school on your financial aid records, and when you get caught then, you'll be kicked out of your new school.