Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 9 years ago

Should I drop out of school?

I've been out sick from school for nearly a month, and before that I've been absent 20 times. Most of the days are excused but my school is still giving me a hard time about missing so many days. I get all the work that I've missed, but it gets over whelming and I'm getting really off track. On top of that, I'm also missing mid year exams that count for ten percent of my grade, and the school isn't giving me the chance to make them up. I've tried to reach out to my guidance conselor for some kind of help and they've told me I have to figure it out on my own. My parents have tried to arrange meetings with the pricipal but they said its not nesacessary. The last thing I want to do is drop out but I don't know what to do, the school isn't willing to work with me and I'm ill all the time.

Favorite Answer

No. Remember "No Pain, No Gain". Arrange a meeting with your principle and with your parents/carers.