Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

ATHEISTS, just because you cannot see something, that does not mean that it is not there ?

There are some people who use catch phrases like conspiracy theories and nutjobs. Well the people who are doing evil behind closed doors are saying the same about you.

Look at the assasination of JFK, Martin Luther King, Robert Kennedy, Malcolm X, and more.

You say that they were all killed simply because. But if you are not in that inner circle, or if you were not there, then you cannot say that people did not plan to kill them.

You say that because it is a mystery to you. NOT them.

NOUS- I never said I was religious. You did. That is what Atheists do. They dictate what others think. But I am only a sinner. And I am Man enough to admit that. Try again.

SNOW- Because there is difference between mythology, fairytales, and real life theology or religious teachings. You know like when you read about Abe Lincoln and George Washington.

They were real people who believed in God. Try again.

DRAKE- But that is my point. Many theologians, professors, teachers, philosophers, astrologers, and religious scholars are very educated people. So people who are Christians or whatever, learn from them. The human race is far more complex than you people here think.

Saying that they are delusional, naive, or nutjobs. That does not hold any water with us. And that is because many people outside of your circle have experienced things unknown to you.

You should take that into consideration my friend. You dont know a lot of things about this world.

ADVOCADO- Please. You people here have not said anything I have not heard before. But I can tell that you like the rest of them have not experiences certain things that defy logic and science.

I have. You dont have to take my word for it, as I know you wont anyway. But trust me my friend, I aint crazy. And neither are "they".

ADVOCADO- I bough up Abe Lincoln because these people can be proven by historians.

So can the Bible. If you dont believe that, then you need to travel more.

Go to ISRAEL or AFRICA. Then you might learn something.

ANDRE- Please son. You are a joke. I have had 3 people who worked for the LBJ Administration tell me that the CIA was behind the murder of JFK. Youre blowing hot air like the rest of them. Next please.

WUNDT- Wrong. What you fail to believe is that these people on the inner circle have so much more power and resources than you do. They control the media, internet, food supply, currency, religion, and more. So if you are associated, or have had confrontations with them, like I have.

Then there is no way in hell you can tell me that society is being taken for a ride. The signs are there for you to see especially now. But because you are unaware of them, they have succeded in making you blind. They know how to keep things secret, and that is why they have all the power.

ADVOCADO- Well it seems your decision is based on emotions rather than reason.

Because you have not been exposed to the things I have. I think there are a LOT of things out there.

And then some. But time will expose the truth. And as it has been said, you will know when that Great Day comes. Right now, you are not all there and it shows. Next please.

LUCARD- No. Im not a Christian or a Saint. But trust me Jack. I have been exposed to the truth.

Wake up America. They are lying to you.

ADVOCADO- No darling. After 2 years of investigation. I have been in the Lodges, Churchs, cemetaries, dark pits, cults, clans, etc. And after what Ive been told, you are being deceived.

And yes, they know you do not have the mind to decipher everything that has been throw at you.

Trust me, you are wrong.

Been there, done that. Ive seen a lot of things that you have not. It is mindboggling !

ADVOCADO- Yes, you have proven my point. If you would understand that evil is here. But because you lack understanding of who the devil is and who he associates with. Then of course it would be hard for you to understand why things happen the way they do.

But many Atheists are using emotional logic because they always say what you just said.

I rest my case.

• Wundt

Just because you cannot see a thing, you can know it is there because it can be measured and observed in other ways. Take black holes in space, you cannot see them because they absorb all of the light and energy nearby, they are literally a 'void in space'. But, because of that void, we can predict they exist. We can see the impact of their gravity on the things around them. In short, we can know they exist without actually seeing they exist.

The problem with conspiracy theories and religions is that they apply the rules of evidence differently for different things. Christians dismiss other religions as ridiculous even though there is no more evidence for what they believe. A 9-11 conspiracy theorist may call 'Big Foot' believers crazy, even though the level of evidence for both is about the same.

The reason is that we often decide FIRST what to believe based on emotion and the source, and then use confirmation bias to support that belief. Rarely do people use the evidence and reason alone to make decisions.

Continued:

Edit: If I said "I don't believe in God because he/she/it is a bad person," then that would be based on emotions. My decision is based on logic - my OWN logic. I have found no reason to believe in God, so I live my life as if there is no God. You have not seen what I have seen. I've lived in countries going through military coups, genocides, and war. The ugliness and lack of justice that is so prominent in this world makes it hard for me to believe in an all-loving God.

Tell me: what is your evidence that I am being deceived? And what is your evidence that you are correct? When you use your own experiences to say "God exists," you are making a decision based on a lack of logic. You aren't bothering to examine what could have caused those beliefs, but immediately jump to a pre-conceived explanation.

EVERYONE has different experiences, and the way you are speaking to me indicates that you place your own personal experiences above mine. You have dismissed my opinions and you have dismissed my own experiences as being "deceptions." That is nothing more than arrogant. I accept people's religious beliefs without judgment until they give me some reason to judge them - like you have. You have shown yourself to be an example of a judgmental, hypocritical, and arrogant "believer." You put other believers to shame. Please, step off your high horse because you are doing NOTHING to prove a point or convert anyone. If you want to convert people, this is one of the worst ways you can do it.

Also, why should I trust you? Why shouldn't you trust me? Why are you more worthy of trust than I am?

"But because you lack understanding of who the devil is and who he associates with."

And you have the understanding? If so, what EVIDENCE do you have for this?

"But many Atheists are using emotional logic because they always say what you just said."

You are the only one here using emotional logic. I have not engaged in this.

You have no case to rest because you haven't made a case. Your weak attempt at making a case was systematically destroyed by the superior logic of some of the people who answered your question.

"That is what Atheists do. They dictate what others think."

You already create a hostile environment for debating when you make accusations and definitions like that towards the people you are asking questions of. This is NOT a healthy debate attitude. Please refrain from it in the future if you truly are seeking answers.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make with those assassinations. For at least most (and officially all) of those men, we know exactly who killed them and why they were killed, based on evidence and verbal admissions.

I could very well claim that Narnia exists inside my wardrobe, but since you can't see it, you can't say I am incorrect. Do you recognize how that logic isn't sound in that situation?

Edit: "Because there is difference between mythology, fairytales, and real life theology or religious teachings."

Pray tell, what ARE those differences? And how does the religious beliefs of Abe Lincoln and George Washington have to do with that? Just because they believed in God doesn't make religious teachings and theology any less "baseless." There are famous people who DON'T believe in God - what do you make of them? Does the standard change?

"The human race is far more complex than you people here think."

What do you mean by "you people"? Why are you being so isolating of us? I'm an atheist, and you have no idea nor any right to define how I think. My parents are both highly educated people and they are both religious. My father is more intelligent than I am, and he believes in God. So no, I DO NOT assume that religious people are all stupid and that atheists are always smarter. I DO NOT assume that all religious people are delusional, naive, or nutjobs. There are religious nutjobs and religious people who are delusional and/or naive, but it would be illogical and irrational of me to make an assumption about most of the world's population. You have arrogantly judged an entire group of people without bothering to accept that there are individual differences between EVERYONE.

With that said, there is a rising wave of anti-scientific religious sentiment in the USA (where I live), but I recognize that they are a minority of the population who is gaining far too much control of the majority.

You have done nothing here but judge and insult.

Edit: Of course I know the Bible exists as a book. But that is a far cry from proving that what is CONTAINED in the book is correct.

Oh, and I LIVED in Africa. I have traveled the world, my friend. I have learned many things and it hasn't made me any less of a non-believer. I have been to every continent on the planet save Antarctica, and I am still an atheist.

Edit: If you have experienced things that defy logic, then perhaps it is a result of your own lack of knowledge. Or do you claim that you know everything about the universe, and can thus state without any doubt that what you experienced was God? You just told us that we don't know everything and can't make judgments, and yet here you are, doing the SAME THING (making a judgment without all knowledge). My lack of belief shouldn't be so insulting to you. I don't state absolutely that "there is no God" because you're right: that is an absolute statement that can't be proven. However, I have found no reason or evidence to believe in God because it goes against scientific thought (as someone studying science). The burden of proof is not on us; it's on YOU. But, I am not asking you to prove that God exists because that would be as insulting as you asking me to prove that God doesn't exist. You have accused me of behavior that you yourself have blatantly engaged in here. You have done nothing but judge me, insult me, and demand things from me that I have never done to you. I find your behavior hypocritical.

"But I am only a sinner. And I am Man enough to admit that."

Only xians and moslims 'sin' - which one are you?

"You dont know a lot of things about this world."

I just know gods don't exist ;)

Gods are absolutely the most absurd thing ignorant primitives ever came up with to explain anything... seriously ;)

God is completely illogical... purely because of the 'who made god?' issue.

To suggest 'he' was always there is as silly as insisting 'he' exists at all.

Do yourself a favour and watch this video from an actual physicist...

A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo

Youtube thumbnail

He explains quite simply how no god was needed.

You may not watch it because you may be too scared to even consider...

God is imaginary ;)

~

Unless there is evidence FOR a thing, disbelief is the only reasonable view. Deal with it.

The evidence on the JFK murder is definitive; Oswald did it. See Vincent Bugliosi's book on the topic.

As you have presented NO evidence for your claims, they are dismissed.

Nor does it matter that other people believed in any deity. That is you committing the fallacy of argument from authority. Your logic score: F-

Well no. But if it's undetectable in every way and has no affect on the universe it might as well not be, and obviously doesn't give a crap about what people believe.

Added

Actually the Bible is mythology. Mythology is a part of every religion, including the Hellenistic religions and the various Christian ones.

• Drake

I took a nuclear course recently and you would not believe the complexity of proving that certain particles exist. The beta particle for instance. Through most methods it appears as an electron when it is totally different. A person uneducated in nuclear physics would assume that the beta particle is actually and electron as electrons are easily understood and much more commonly detected. Though a person educated in nuclear physics can perform the math and logic needed to determine the difference. The same thing goes for God. Many events and signs are considered to be common random events to a person uneducated in religion though a person who is willing to study the religion and God can see them easy

• John

Well yeah that is true, but since only one person claims the he has ever seen god, well I find that very hard to believe.

Normally I'm not this nice on these questions so count your self lucky. Cause rarely in these type of debates

Atheist

I never said those people were killed simply "because".

I'm sure it wasn't random. I'm sure they were targeted for some reason or another. I just don't know what those reasons were.

With that being said, I don't know if God exists or not. Maybe he does. But I highly doubt it.

• Nous

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Cor. xiii. 11.

Will you ever grow up and stop making religion look so foolish?!