22" Rims on Nissan Altima Coupe Possible ??? Please Help?

I would like to get 22 inch rims instead of 20s, i know every con and pros about this upgrade, but i just can't find if i would have to do any modification to the vehicle or if its just a regular installation. Any help, detail and/or advice its much appreciated. My Car Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 2008. Thanks

To be clear i meant modification to the vehicle to install the 22 Inch Rims, not the 20s

• John G
    Favorite Answer

there are pros to 22" rims on an altima?? what would that be? Because handling, acceleration, braking, and durability would all be reduced with the rubberband size tires you would have to run them 22s . 18" is the largest rim that would still allow enough sidewall on the tire for maximum cornering grip.

Nissan Altima On 22s

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I would like to get 22 inch rims instead of 20s, i know every con and pros about this upgrade, but i just can't find if i would have to do any modification to the vehicle or if its just a regular installation. Any help, detail and/or advice its much appreciated. My Car Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5...

Source(s): 22 quot rims nissan altima coupe help: https://shortly.im/sEBlo

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axl12

Both are two very different cars. 1. Altima is a simple FWD coupe that's been on sale for a year or two. 2. The new Camaro is a new RWD performance car that hasn't even hit the sales lot. To the people that answer "Camaro": Good God, stop giving answers about a car you've never driven, know little about and probably have never seen on the streets.

just remember anytime you increase wheel diameter size you also change the dynamics of the braking system. you should always upgrade your brake pads and rotors to performance parts to handle the increase in heat and other issues that will come up if you want to keep the brake performance you have now and better then stock.

You never want to increase wheel or tire size more then 3% from the original or you will have issues. I see many SUVs in our body shop because they put 24" wheels on them and then at freeway speeds the stopping distance was a lot longer and they get into major wrecks because they could not stop in time.

see this link and compare tire and wheel sizes before changing to make sure your under the 3% and also visit this site to check price and avail for performance brake parts.

I would not reccomend going any bigger then 18"

http://1010tires.com/

http://stillen.com/

good luck

Source(s): 25 years in auto industry and I work at a dealer....
  • Debra

If you want to see how a Camaro is going to ride, test drive a Pontiac G8. They are built on the same platform. I, for one have ridden in a 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS at Oshawa, Canada ( My uncle works at the plant), and I must say, the car rides and looks beautiful. I was just in the V6, and it felt like I was in a V8. We got the thumbs up from tons of passer-bys, tons of drivers in older Camaros gave us the signature "Camaro wave", and for irony, there was a Mustang riding behind us, and we let him pass, only to see him with his jaw hanging open. The Camaro just has that standout aura around it. It's a great deal. 0-60 in 5.9 seconds with the V6 while still getting 27 MPG with 300 horsepower is a winning deal In my book. Or just wait until April or May to test drive your very own Camaro, and you won't regret waiting.

I do not think even with rolling the fender lips and raising the car to clear the front wheels when turning you will be able to keep the tires from rubbing the plastic fender inner liners. Ride quality and handling must not be what you want. Good Luck

Source(s): Nissan Master Tech
  • Nick

But why?? 20's are so much better!

Why would you put 22s on there. Stupid...