LGBT: When did it get better for you and how does it feel to have a lover?....also, I don't mean to anger.....?

.......anyone but would praying for a partner/boyfriend help me? I believe in God, and i was jw.

Things have gotten better the last few days ever since i accepted myself. I am no longer sad, im am hapy happy happy, and i dont care what my parents think .They already kinbd of knew on some line and everytime they bring up girls i just say no thank you so yea...probably be out within a year. I just don't like girls other than a friend, im into dudes, they cna deal or kick me out. they wont, my mommy and daddy love me!!L:)

Favorite Answer

I agree with you. It got better for me as soon as I truly accepted myself. I don't remember the exact date, but I remember the 'light bulb moment.' I wanted to shout it from the rooftops; suddenly everything made sense. It was like the weight of the world had been lifted from me. This was back in the 1970's, when it was still illegal almost everywhere to have gay sex, there was virtually nothing gay-positive in the media, there was no internet, so it was pretty big thing to come to the realization that it was OK to be gay. I didn't come out to everyone right away; it was still a couple years before I told my mom. She was a little old Baptist lady, and turned out to be as supportive a mother as I could have ever wished for. I have also found that I found a partner when I wasn't looking for one. When I was looking too hard, I made bad choices.

Congratulations, I'm glad that coming out to yourself has been such I positive experience. I wish it were so for everyone.

It feels great to have a lover. It is awesome being married!! (Lotsa work but GREAT) Praying will help, but won't fix the problem. The problem is that you are lonely. If you make gay friends and find some gay people to hang out with you will find that you won't have that issue. When you grow up, and take care of business, you will be a success and that will be good for you. That is what you need to concentrate on. Boyfriends will be attracted to you more if you have a direction and path. Good Luck

The guy who said he found the right guy when he wasn't looking has the right idea. Start looking too hard and you'll find yourself in mediocre relationships that are more heartache than they're worth. Trust me, I've been on both sides. I'm so glad you've accepted yourself--that's great! I'm still in the process =/ You'll find that if you've surrounded yourself with the right kind of people throughout your life, they won't care. I told my friends I was bi and they totally didn't care. Even my friend's mom asked if we were looking for girls or guys for me ;) The bottom line is, is to be truly happy, you have to accept yourself first. You have the first step, man. Congratulations!

Of course!!!! I believe in God too :) Its great to believe in something.

I recently REALLY began to accept myself cuz i moved to Germany away from my family (they dont know im bi but what they dont know wont hurt them hahaha) Theres nothing that says i HAVE to tell them... Im kinda jealous you had the balls to come out to them. With friends and other people, i have no problem anymore with telling them. and most people treat me normally.

So ya to repeat the above, moving here was when it really started getting better for me!!!

I dont have a lover right NOW though... hahaha but its a tremendous feeling!!!!! Having someone who completes you...

Source(s): life