Do people bake from scratch anymore?

Or do we use cake mix more?

Favorite Answer

I make cornbread, biscuits, pancakes, cakes, pies, bread, and even my own gravies and sauces all from scratch. sometimes I use a box mix for cakes and pancakes, but I always add things to make it taste better............my mom cooked everything from scratch as I grew up, and so I learned that way first, and prefer it much better.

Good question!

I used to make cakes from scratch, but I don't anymore, I buy the mixes.

I work with a woman who works for a local chain grocery store baking their cakes, and she also makes and sells cakes on her own at her home, and she told me she only uses the cake mixes. She said the mixes are cheap, easy, and they make a great cake batter. Her cakes are beautiful and delicious!

Ever since she told me that, I started buying cake mixes, and she is right, they are delicious, fast, and easy. I think the mixes are better than anything I have ever made from scratch. I will buy a cake mix, add raisins and nuts to the batter, and then just sprinkle it with a little cinnamon and powdered sugar on top when it is done (instead of icing) and it is delicious!

• Vasey

I wouldn't use cake mix as I'm not too fussy on The flavour. I rarely make cakes so would always make time to make one. Normal everyday meals there are some things that I'm not Very good at like white sauce and gravy so to save time and stress now I buy them in but The majority of food I make from scratch. Usually my little girl starts needing a cuddle in The middle of making a meal!!

I have been round to lots of people's houses and then've made food from mixes but I would never turn it down because they've bothered to make it. Also I think if people use cake mixes it's better than buying them in especially when they make them with their children. It's still interacting and having fun!

I apologise about The essay I'm putting off The housework! :-(

I bake from scratch, always .... from brownies to cakes to cookies, to frosting, candy and ice cream. I personally don't like the texture of the cake that comes from using a box mix. Most people are quite surprised to find my cakes have a tender but larger crumb, not the densely packed (but still moist) crumb of a box cake cake

I bake cakes from scratch, they taste much better than boxed mixes, or store bought as well..

• Zala

don't like the cake mix because not the healthiest, about once a month. otherwise everything is from scratch.

Cake mix more

• Joanne

I do both. If I have a lot of time and the ingredients are handy, from scratch, if not a mix.

Source(s): experience

Always from scratch. Box mix is a piece of crap. I recommend cooking things from scratch unless you want to puke.

I always do except for bread for everyday use. I bake bread for special meals or special occasions, but everything else ffrom scratch and I always use fresh veggies - never frozen or canned. - nothing like true home made