Photography career help?

Hey guys. Okay I am really passionate about photography.. I want to have a career with it. But. I have no idea where to even begin. I know a couple of people that did not go to college and are doing very well with their photography. So should college be on my list of things to do for this? How can I make money with photography.. I have always heard that people who go into photography do not make much money.. Anyways any information will help. thanks!

Favorite Answer

Studying photography (college or a certification) isn't a bad idea, but just be aware that photography is one of those fields where the only thing that matters is your portfolio. Not your education, your resume, etc. And there's no reason you can't start growing a great portfolio. Create a blog or Flickr account to show off your work. And it wouldn't hurt to master Photoshop. Good luck!