Should the two majors in a double major be related to each other?

I might double major in fashion and journalism and minor in photography. Is that possible? Or should the two majors be related to each other?

Favorite Answer

Two majors do not need to be related to each other. People often select related majors because they can get through with few total classes. If the majors are related the same classes serve as electives for both classes. If they are extremely unrelated they may share virtually no commonality in elective and certainly required classes, meaning you will end up taking many credit hours to get your two majors. I suspect your journalism and photography minor will have similar electives so that should be good.

• tedda

It's viable to double primary in some thing, in so much faculties and universities. Most humans with double majors most commonly prefer slightly similar fields on the grounds that the direction load is slash, but when you'll manage the requisites for each, verify together with your guide to look if it is potential. Good good fortune!

• Peezer

They are not related academically, in that they won't share courses. But I can easily see you using all 3 in a single career. Go ahead with your plans. I think they will make you very marketable when you graduate college.

Source(s): www.emailsafenow.com