question about pregnancy test with IVF?

I got a neg home pregnancy test 8 days after a 5 day egg transfer. Did I test too early? Can I still be hopeful that it worked?

Favorite Answer

Its possible it was too early, but 8 days after a 5 day transfer is the equivalent of 13 dpo - most home pregnancy tests are accurate at 14 dpo.

Its not over until your period shows its ugly head, but I'm assuming your clinic is having you in for a blood test any day now. The blood test will be most accurate.

Good luck!

Throw out your home pregnancy tests. I know several women who got negative results with there HPT's and positive blood test the same day. Some HPT's are not sensitive enough to pick up the little hCG that would be in your system now. The blood test is the test that is important. You can go in for an early blood test as soon as tomorrow for accurate results. Call your clinic and see if you can get in. I know this wait is hard enough.

Sending positive thoughts....

Yes I think it's early.