?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

What style name do you prefer? plus BQ?

What I mean by style, is do the majority of your favorite names consist of moder, trendy, vintage, classic, over the top, neutral etc?

So, how would YOU class YOUR naming style?

BQ : how do you class MY naming style based off my top 4 (2 boy 2 girl)

Ada Charlotte

Priscilla Ivy

William Cole

Ethan Avery

Thanks for answering folks.

--Sam.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Overall I tend to like either modern names or ancient names (like names from ancient history or mythology) and nothing in-between. There are a couple old-fashioned names on my list, but for the most part I dislike old-fashioned names. So I guess my overall style is modern, unique, and a little bit over the top ;D

For girls, I tend to like soft, gentle names that are light and cool in quality (rather than warm and bright). For example:

~ Sophia

~ Winter

~ Luna

~ Cleo

~ Ember

~ Olivianna

For boys, I tend to like strong, dark names that are cool and heavy in quality. For example:

~ Danny

~ Storm

~ Jacob

~ Jasper

~ Leonardo

~ Daisuke [DYE-skay]

UPDATE: Oops, I forgot the BQ ^.^

BQ: It seems to me your style is classic names =) You seem to like classic, elegant names for girls with spunk and a feminine flare. For boys, you seem to like classic names with a slightly modern feel that are strong and cool in quality =)

My style is classic, vintage, and old fashion.

BQ - I'd say that yours is the same as mine. Ethan and Avery are "trendy" right now, but both are old names that have been around a long time.

Classic names

I like vintage/classy names. They just appeal more to me. Plus, most of them have cute nicknames (for a child) and still work as an adult. Just not ones like Kitty, or something like that.

I say yours is classic/trendy. Names like Ada, Charlotte, etc. are popular nowadays. The rest are pretty and classy.

Trendy, unusual and unique. (Not the youneek spelling type, but names that are rarely heard)

BQ: Classic, Vintage and also some popular. (Ethan, Avery, Ivy, Charlotte)

I like your style!

• Kate

They consist modern & classic. Mostly classic. I think yours is vintage, classic, & Modern. The name Ethan makes it Modern, Ada is a little vintage, then the rest are classic!:)

I would say my style is trendy names.

My guess is your naming style is classic!

My style has been called vintage with a bit of quirk (rare/unexpected names). I generally agree with this classification!

BQ:

Timeless with an injection of modern.

I guess I like cute / pretty names

Yours I would class as classic