Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 9 years ago

Name of this phenomenon...?

How is called the phenomenon where you look at a letter/number/symbol for too long and you lose its signification only to see the shape of the letter ?

For example, when one is looking at the letter "G" for too long, he'll lose the association between the shape and meaning, only to see the traits composing the symbol.

1 Answer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.