How long did you have morning/all day sickness?I can't take it!?

I'm 13 weeks 2 days pregnant. Ihave been throwing up 1-5+ times per day since I was 5 weeks pregnant. After 2 weeks of throwing up I called my doctor & he gave me Zofran. For about a week I didn't throw up but from 9 weeks till now I have thrown up atleast once every other day even on the med. I lost over 10lbs. (I was 126lbs to start with) I throw up at all hours!

How long did you have morning/all day sickness??

Icant take it?

I drink a powerade everyday sometimes twice a day. Yesterday I drank 6 8oz cups of water I couldn't get enough water! Now today I haven't kept anything down since 11am yesterday...almost 12hrs.

I have NO problem sleeping. I can sleep 12-16 hrs a day like it's nothing.

Before I knew I was pregnant, I would have been about 2-3 weeks pregnant (found out at 4 almost 5) I was sleeping 12-16 hours a day. My husband had to force me to wake up a few times, my alarm goes off for 3 or 4 minutes before my husband gets up & shuts it off waking me up. He plays Call of Duty right beside me & i sleep threw it.

Favorite Answer

With my daughter, it was really bad like this. It didnt slow down until about 16-ish weeks, after I found out she was a girl. I kind of wonder if anxiety makes us throw up more. Now, after 16 weeks it didnt fully stop. I had it on and off until birth. But it wasnt too bad. I only had it maybe once or twice a week, and I think it was after I ate something the baby didnt like because I would only throw up what I had just eaten. lol. My dr also put me on Zofran, and he told me it was better to take it every other day, rather than everyday, or even only when i needed it, because my body could get used to it and kind of "count the medicine out". With this pregnancy, I am 10 weeks and have probably only gotten sick about 6 times. And I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks. SO I am thrilled! lol. I think they have another pill they could try you on, i forget what its called, but i have read online that it could cause dry heaving, which sometimes is worse than actually throwing up and getting it over with. Good luck girly I hope it gets better! Congrats on the baby though!! :)

I would throw up 3 times in the morning, a couple times in the afternoon, and a couple times at night. It sucked. It started really early for me too and it started getting better at around 18 weeks. I am 26 weeks now and I still get crappy days though but I will only throw up once or twice.

Try not to let your stomach get empty. Even one cracker or one piece of a piece of bread will help. I found that I couldn't eat a cracker and have a drink of water at the same time. I had to do one or the other.

Also this is gross but I would have an empty cup from the gas station in the car all the time because where I work is about a half hour from where I live and I would get car sick.

If your "morning" sickness is bothering you at night then you can ask for a prescription of promethazine. It knocks you out cold which is really nice.

With my first I threw up at least three times a day every day for at least 22 weeks, perhaps a bit longer. Then it slowed to about 3 or 4 times a week. I still felt sick much of the time, but it was easier to keep my food in. I had rarely had a day that I wanted to eat though. My doctor failed to put me on anything for my sickness. I was having other rather major complications, so I suppose my doctor and I ignored the sickness. I didn't weigh much at the birth 128 (I am 5'4) but regardless my daughter was born healthy and full term.

With my second it was bit easier. Throwing up multiple times a day. I was expecting it though, Then it stopped for about 6 to 8 weeks around week 16 or so. Then it came back even worse than it started. Got on the meds then, and that helped me gain enough weight to have a healthy baby.

I lived off of fruit smoothies, fruit juice and peppermint tea. Those things generally stayed down better.

It is a good sign you are sleeping (likely somewhat due to the meds, Zofran put me to sleep). Though if you can't keep your fluids down today, you need to call your doctor. Perhaps your doctor can try a different anti-nausea medicine for you.

All the best to you. Take care.

• Ellen

I had all-day sickness for about 3 weeks straight. I was crying over how bad it was, wishing I could vomit, but only being terribly nauseous, and not enough to throw up. After that went away I threw up randomly in the morning a couple times, but I didn't mind that, so long as I didn't have to go through my day feeling like I was about to.

I did a lot of research and noticed that dehydration can make it worse. I sat in bed one day forcing myself to drink water after water after water, and that seemed to help quite a bit. Take a day to yourself and just drink drink drink!!! Something salty might make it easier to keep drinking when you feel the bloat.

Sorry you are so sick..... My concern would be dehydration make sure you are getting plenty of fluids. Morning sickness for me lasted until 12-16 weeks... around 12 weeks I started to feel a little better and by the 16 week mark i felt pretty good... good luck!!

It's different for everyone.

I had all day nausea from week 7 to week 14. One day it just stopped.

My sister on the other hand...with all three of her pregnancies...she threw up morning, noon and night the entire 40 weeks.

Hate to be the bearer of bad new but ive had it the entire time and im 34 weeks now. It was worse in the begining but i still fight it everyday.