How much would it cost to have a car jacked up to install a new Emergency brake cable?

That's the only thing I need to replace and people tell me it's on the underside of my 1997 Nissan Altima so I need a jack but I have never done car work like that(First time car owner) so how much would it cost to have a mechanic jack up a car and switch the parts?

Favorite Answer

Hi, it all depends on which cable needs replaced... I'd go to rockauto.com and check the price of the cable first. Now the cost of this cable at your local autoparts store will cost more, so I would buy the cable at rockauto then call the local repair garage for the replacement after you have the new cable.

In most cases the labor is some were between 1 to 2 hours and most garages charge $50 per hour with that being said the cost would be about $125 to $175 installed at your local garage.

Good luck...

Dave

At least an hours labor... The rear brakes need to come apart to replace it

• hodapp

it is going to cost your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to try this sort of redesign form interest. merely have your mechanic examine it out and if it must be adjusted, then its an hassle-free restoration. it's going to be a speedy depress and carry form of action.