Could i be having a heart attack? please answer asap?

So right now when I tried laying down I got this really weird feeling in my left arm it almost feels like its tired... and I'm having a lot of gurgiling in my stomache as well as burping and burning... I am only 18 and not over weight the only things I have medically wrong with me is high blood pressure and heart palpitations and I do smoke. I am also under alot of stress right now after loosing a loved one...Could this just be gas or something more serious? Someone who is in the medical field please answer... I don't want to go to the hospital for something if its nothing...

Favorite Answer

Sounds like acid reflux, but the arm pain is concerning. Try and work it out a bit and see how it feels.

Also, quit smoking, that WILL give you a heart attack eventually.

• Julia

Dial 999 immediately if you suspect that you or someone you know is having a heart attack.

The symptoms of a heart attack include:

chest pain: the pain is usually located in the centre of your chest and can feel like a sensation of pressure, tightness or squeezing

pain in other parts of the body: it can feel as if the pain is travelling from your chest to your arms (usually the left arm is affected but it can affect both arms), jaw, neck, back and abdomen

shortness of breath

nausea

an overwhelming sense of anxiety (similar to having a panic attack)

feeling light headed

coughing

vomiting

wheezing

The level of pain can vary significantly from person to person. For many people, the pain is severe and it has been described as feeling like ‘an elephant was sitting on my chest’. However, this is not always the case. For others, the pain can be minor and is similar to that experienced during indigestion. Also, some women and older people do not experience any chest pain at all.

It is not the level of chest pain that is important in determining whether you are having a heart attack. Instead, it is the overall pattern of symptoms that is important.

The misconception that a heart attack always causes severe chest pain has led to many people dying needlessly. One American study found that a third of people who had a heart attack did not call an ambulance.

Do not worry if you have any doubts about whether your symptoms indicate that you are having a heart attack. Assume that you are having a heart attack and dial 999 to ask for an ambulance immediately.

Paramedics would much rather be called out to find out that an honest mistake has been made than be called out when it is too late to save a person’s life.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Heart-attack/Pages/Sy...

Go straight to the hospital. It's not worth taking the risk. Of you have an asthma puffer or a anti allergy medication take some. It could be from a reaction to something

My troll senses are tingling

its perfectly possible but your probably having a monthly cramp.

• ?

Troll.If you're on here then of course not.