Do you agree that sinful man is evolving in a negative direction or degenerating?

A perfect man has free will and is able to imitate God’s qualities completely. The Bible says: “The true God made mankind upright, but they themselves have sought out many plans.” (Ecclesiastes 7:29) Adam chose to rebel against God. By his rebellion, Adam lost perfection for himself and his offspring. Man’s fall from perfection explains why we often disappoint ourselves, even though we want to do what is good. The apostle Paul wrote: “What I wish, this I do not practice; but what I hate is what I do.”—Romans 7:15.

A perfect man would live forever in perfect health, according to the Bible. It is evident from what God said to Adam that if the first man had not disobeyed God, he would never have died. (Genesis 2:16, 17; 3:22, 23) Jehovah would not have declared the creation of man to be “very good” if the man had a tendency to get sick or to rebel. The fall from perfection explains why the human body, though marvelously designed, is susceptible to deformities and disease. Evolution is therefore incompatible with the Bible. Evolution presents modern man as an improving animal. The Bible presents modern man as the degenerating descendant of a perfect man.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

All the evidence suggests that humanity is devolving - getting worse - especially with regard to morality and the way they are ruining this planet because of greed.

The reason for this is sin. When sin first entered into the world it resulted in corruption and death. The whole of creation is groaning under the burden of sin and its consequences. The only solution to sin, corruption and death is the shed blood of Christ Jesus. Unless we recognise we are sinners in need of a saviour, we will die in our sins.

Fortunately, God has provided the solution to sin and those who repent and turn around know that life eternal awaits all believers who are born-again and indwelt by God's spirit.

• 9 years ago

Evolution:

The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which turned into dinosaurs.

Admit it or not…evolution is a religion.

• 4 years ago

in accordance to the Bible, guy is degenerating. it is yet another piece of knowledge that proves the Bible isn't something greater suitable than a variety of of myths, songs, poems, narratives and oral custom composed by utilizing historic, conceited, ignorant, insecure, superstitious goat herders.

• Darrin
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Man really hasnt changed over time. Man has always been wicked to the core. We simply have technology that has helped us perfect the art of sin..........>

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.