Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

What are the best ways to naturally lighten my hair?

My hair was dyed semi-permanently brown but as it faded it became a blonde/ginger colour and i really want to get rid of it. My hair is naturally dark blonde. Is there any good shampoo's that will help get the colour out quicker or any ways i can lighten my hair naturally.

I dyed it about 3 months ago.

Favorite Answer

put lemon juice in your ahir and go tanning. the sun will naturally lighten your hair. it will not however get the hair dye out. the only way to get the hair de out is the strip the hair. but you said it was semi permanent so it should still be there after 3 months. washing it more often does help.

i foudn this info on another site

I just made the same mistake a few days ago- I'm a natural blonde, but I tried to dye my hair auburn. (bad, bad idea.) now I shudder every time I look in the mirror, since it became a crazy, bobo-the-clown orange-red.

obviously, I tried a bunch of hair-dye removal tequniques. The baking-soda-and-shampoo didn't work for me at all, but then again, I didn't leave it on for a very long time. I'm currently trying the old "dish-soap" remedy (here's hoping it works!), and if it helps, i'll post again to let you know.

as for prell shampoo, it's supposed to work really well, but I haven't gotten out to buy some. But it may depend on when you died your hair, since I read everywhere that it comes out easiest in the first 48-72 hours after dying. But don't fear, there are hair-dye-removal kit things at salons if you're willing to go out and buy something.

also, check out this website for the prell tequnique (and a hot oil treatment which is also supposed to work). You'll have to scroll down a bit, but when you get to it (it's in bold letters and says something like, "when you've dyed your hair too dark") it gives you specifics that I'm too lazy to type. The site is: www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1236.htm.

good luck!

and here is another bit of info from yahoo

You can do one of two things, to remove most of that dye. Links have been moved, might have to type them out.

1. By using Tide detergent with shampoo

Google "How to Remove Dye from Hair"

or

2. By shampooing you hair mix with a bit of Dawn.

Google "How to Use Dawn Dishwashing Liquid for Lightening Hair."

Here's an example what hair stripping will do to your hair.

It is worst than hair dyes. "I accidentally dyed my hair this awful black, stripped it, and now it is this crunchy crispy mess!"

Hair strippers are chemical treatments which are intended to strip out artificial color pigment with less risk or damage to the hair. The chemicals used are called reducing agents.

Certain 'metal' strippers containing sodium sulphoites are sold for reducing hair dyed with metallic dyes, as these dyes react violently with tint stripper containing hydrogen peroxide-the subsequent reaction may cause so much heat that the hair gets dissolved.

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tempered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .

Best answer comes from people with Avatars, showing their healthy shiny, soft, silky, smooth hair.

Source(s): good luck

i dunno about dyed hair.. but natural hair can be lightened if you put coconut oil on your hair and stay in sun.

Dove shampoos have a lightening effect.. the only thing is that it is not natural... Put intense damage repair serum (dove) and leave it for 15 mins and wash. Do it everyday. The whole thing is not good for your hair.. but it lightens it!

the same thing happened to me.

You can put lemon juice on your hair in the sun to lighten it. There's a load of things you can do but i haven't tried any of the others

Source(s): me