Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Do you think that Valentine's Day is the one day of the year when lonely men feel grateful?

for their single status?

Favorite Answer

Most single ppl on valentines day feel like **** because of all the couples crap being shoved down their throats. I was watching tv and some ad popped up saying something along the lines of "dont forget to buy something for your sweetheart." Oh isnt that nice? Assuming all the viewers have sweethearts. Whats even worse is ppl being like "did you get your valentine something? :)" Just nice, assuming everyone has someone. Nice.

• woomer

i think of that Valentine's is nearly an unfair holiday. It shouldn't additionally be a holiday in view which you are able to desire to particular love and affection to your bf/gf anyday of the year, sooner or later should not be assigned for that. to respond to your question i'm feeling lonely too ): sorry your boyfriend is in yet another u . s . a ...i'm lonely by way of fact i don't have a boyfriend in any respect...and it form of sounds like each and every physique around me has discovered love.....Valentine's would be lonely for me by way of fact that is yet another reminder that i'm nonetheless single. Wishing the better of success to you

I feel grateful for my single status pretty much every day, actually, especially when I see so many dysfunctional and drama-ridden "relationships" around me. It is possible to bang lots of hot chicks without actually being in a relationship with any of them, and this is the style I pursue in a very relaxed and satisfied manner.

Actually, I have no idea how lonely men feel because I am not lonely. It almost seems you are making the presumption that a single man with no girlfriend is somehow lonely. That is simply NOT TRUE. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Some lonely people are actually in a marriage.

I would imagine that lonely men feel worse on Valentine's Day. But why are you so happy about lonely men being lonely ? Believe me, it is not very pleasant being lonely when you see so many couples having fun.

• Nova

That and superbowl time.

And world series time.

And Playoffs time for basketball, hockey.

And all the games in between time.

And the time he is watching tv uninterupted

And the times he wants to go out but doesn't have a lot of money.

And the times he wants to watch porn.

And the times he's fixing his car

And the times he's hanging with his friends.

And the times he needs to study

And the times he doesn't need to be nagged

And during xmas and halloween time.

Yea, I think they are grateful for being single at those times... other times maybe not so much.

Funny, most of my single friends call me on Valentine's day to see what my boyfriend and I are up to. Living vicariously thru me, wondering what they are missing.

I live alone and don't give a rat's rectum about Valentine's Day.

It's just an excuse to con gullible men out of wads of cash, sell tons of flowers and for restaurants to overcharge for cheap bottles of vino.

My answer would be more like breach98's

This is why I call it "Singles Awareness Day".

• hvap

Valentines day is just for thugs and the sluts who cater for them ,it should be stopped.