Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

How would you react to this situation? ?

I may be overrreacting a lil but my wonderful boyfriend that I trust very much is very close with his ex, even tho they dated for only a month a few years ago, they still hangout. I am perfectly okay with him hanging out with whoever he wants because I don't wanna be the person telling him who he can/can't hangout with. But I don't trust the girl because I only met her once and I barely know her. My boyfriend told me she was nervous to meet me, it confused me big time. The one time I met her I felt like she kept giving off a bad vibe to me. I don't care if they hangout, it just bothers me. I mean how would you feel if you're boyfriend was friends with his ex? Maybe I'm overrreacting? Yesterday on Facebook newsfeed I saw a wall post on his wall from her saying she misses him and wants to hangout. It just makes me mad.

Favorite Answer

I've been on your boyfriends side of the situation as well as yours. Its really frustrating to see the person you love getting close to another girl. But when your the person getting close to an ex- you dont see it like that. I liked meeting up with my ex but my boyfriend got a bit jelous. I agreed to keep it short and meet up with my boyfriend for the rest of the day- some real quality time, such as a walk along the beach and just being together and talking. Dont feel annoyed, just set some boundaries and make sure you are talking with your boyfriend. dont be jelous, just take it cooly and you boyfriend will respect you more. Also meet up with this girl, check her out. if theres a problem with her talk to him about it. have both sides.

If it were me, I'd totally get jealous. And you said she's giving you a bad vibe? Now, that gives me a bad feeling. Again, if it were me, I would want to know her more, in order to know if she's a friend or an enemy. I'd probably talk to him about it. Well, he'll want us to be friends if she's really his good friend, right? After meeting her some time, I'll know if she's a friend or an enemy. (LOL, too much MV's and teenager dramas which has the same theme, ^^) But if your bf REALLY loves you even if the girl tries to do sth, he won't betray you right.

It would just feel ridiculous and pathetic to me if my bf would hangout with his ex (if there was some...coz I'm his first gf :P ) But seriously..you should talk to your guy only! Only he can make you feel that he's not into her or something like that..! Talk to him that you don't feel great about both of them hanging out and it pisses you off when you see them together! He'll surely understand...tell him what if YOU hang out with your ex or some guy who he doesn't likes? how would he feel about it? Same ways, you feel...you don't need to impose some restriction over him to not to talk to her or something...just make him understand what you feel! I'm sure it will help!

All The Best!

You should pray about this situation first. In my opinion it is not ok for him to hang out with his ex if he had a sexual relationship with her. If he did then if they are alone what is to stop them from having sex again? So then you would be cheated on by him and that wouldn't be good. Tell your boyfriend to choose between her or you and if he chooses her then move on and keep praying and one day you'll find someone who wants just you!!

Source(s): experience

Talk to him about it. Let him know how you feel about the whole situation. I'm not saying tell him not to hang out with her, but he needs to know. He should also set boundaries with her. He needs to let her know that he has a girlfriend and that what she's doing isn't right.

I would suggest making plans with your boyfriend and when his ex wants him to go hang out with her, see if he shows up to whatever plans you and he had or not. That would determine who he likes more.

Break up with him, not going to let some guy that wants to have his cake and eat it too drag me down.

Source(s): Alpha female

Simply tell him she can hang out with you, or they can stop hanging out. Its not an unreasonable request.