Tthh
Tthh asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

I need a powder foundation?

im 15 and in high school I have discoloration and I just like making my skin look better. I only go to school 2-3 days a week because I have a block schedule and I take some classes at home so I only wear makeup to school and if I'm going out to like a party or something. I don't wear it everyday so I'm just sayin. I don't mind wearing foundation but it's to much of a hassle in the morning. I really just want to throw on concealer and powder.

I do need a decent amount of coverage but I don't want anything to cakey.

what would you recommend? it can be drugstore or high end idc

thanks for all of your great answers! I'll look into these

to be completly honest sometimes im up till 1am doing hw and if i can sleep in 5 extra minutes thats what im gonna do. i dont have 10 minutes to do just my foundation i really need to do my whole face of makeup in 5 minutes i dont have time for liquid foundation or a whole long foundation routine

Favorite Answer

Ive found the nude range do wonders. They can be a bit pricey but if you know how to work your products and use a concealer, the primer, mineral foundation and finishing vale it's worth it. All up it's not that big a deal it might take 10 minutes to do it all of a morning and it's not much of a hassle

I have tried SO many makeup products on the market, and to be honest, I've never found a good powder foundation. I would highly recommend a liquid foundation, even if that might not be what you're considering - it would probably be the best option. Every powder foundation I've used (Including expensive, high end brands) are extremely cakey since it's a thick, full coverage powder. If you are really set on getting a powder foundation though, I would recommend the MAC Studio Fix powder. It is indeed pricey ($26 US), but it's well worth the money because the quality is great and it provides full coverage. I personally didn't like it, I found it very thick and cakey but that may be because I used it over liquid foundation. If you want a good foundation with medium coverage or so, I would highly suggest the Revlon Colorstay (about $10), it can go on very light weight with the perfect amount of coverage if you apply it with the right kind of makeup brush. For this product, I would HIGHLY suggest a Stippling brush to apply it with. I noticed you said you want to do your makeup quickly in the morning, and honestly applying a liquid foundation with a stippling brush only takes a few seconds to blend it out. I would also suggest a translucent or very light powder to lightly dust over the liquid foundation to lock it into place and also remove the shiny finish it will give your skin (making you look a bit oily). For that, the Rimmel Stay Matte powder is AMAZING to put over top of liquid foundation to lock it into place all day long it's only about $4-5 at drugstores. I use all of these products on a daily basis (except the MAC powder, like I said, it's very heavy and cakey), and my skin looks flawless and never cakey ! :)

Source(s): I'm a makeup addict & former cosmetology school student.

I really like my physicians formula loose mineral powder. It gives good coverage and doesn't make me break out at all. It depends what shade you are though because they seem to only have a few shades to choose from.

I use 2GLO powder foundation by Natural Glamour. It has good coverage but also looks natural.

• Barbie

Drugstore: Revlon powders

Highend: MAC or NARS