How do I get my boyfriend to want to be more affectionate with me?

I've been seeing this guy for about 3 months now. We spend a lot of time together and we're always having a great time. I really like him and I find him very attractive, and I know he likes me too. He always invites me out to dinner and takes me on dates, we spend every weekend together, he always tells me how pretty I am, he makes comments to his friends about how "badass" I am, and we have so much in common. The one thing that makes me doubt that he has any emotional feelings for me, is his body language. I'm not doubting whether or not he likes to spend time with me, but if he likes me romantically.

He doesn't ever kiss me unless it's during sex or saying hello and goodbye. I can only think of a few times where we kissed just for the hell of it. He doesn't hold my hand or put his arms around me in public, or touch me at all. When we first started having sex, it was kind of boring and dry, and now it's a lot more intimate and passionate, and continues to get better as time goes on. But what about the affection? Will that get better with time, too? I actually tend to be the not-so-affectionate type (because of fear of rejection), so I hope that he doesn't get this vibe from me and withdraws due to fear of rejection as well. With this in mind, I have tried to initiate more affection towards him and he reacts awkwardly.

So, yeah... any ideas? I haven't really tried talking to him about it. I wanted to give our relationship a little more time before I started bringing up stuff like this. Is 3 months too early to ask him about how he feels? Should I even ask?

Favorite Answer

He is not an affectionate type of guy. If you try to force him to be what he isn't, he will tire of your efforts and leave you. *

i think he is the kind that is about to discover him self, he is trying to open him more but maybe he is afraid. some guys takes them alot of time to open them selfs(the sensitive side) some find it very hard

u can make him open him self more from his sesitive side by showing how much u like that side specialy in public(don't say that to him he might never open him self in public) but try to take long slow steps. its not easy.

Source(s): Me :D