Divorce decree & wage garnishment?

In my divorce papers my ex is solely responsible for paying any payments on my car they have repoed it and now they say they can garnish my wages....is this true......even tho we have court signed and court ordered for him to pay without me being responsible for any of it....plz help

First of all, no consumer creditor can garnish wages without first filing a lawsuit, winning, and being awarded a judgement. If you are sued, then it's probably a good time to start thinking about bankruptcy. If you file for bankruptcy, then you can discharge ALL of your unsecured debts (other than student loans) and any judgement on the car repo--or other debts which you shared with your ex--will become HIS problem and not yours!

how can they garnish your pay,if they repo'd the car?

just because he was ordered to pay for the car,does not mean he would.

if the loan was in your name, it is your credit ,since the bank only cares that you agreed to pay them back. what the court says means nothing to the bank

Best to get expert advice for this one - sounds like a bit of a grey area.