Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 9 years ago

Do you agree with me that The Rock is actually the most popular guy in WWE because ......?

Today i asked my Girlfriend(Who never watched Wrestling in her life), Do u know The Rock ? She said no, But when i showed her the photo of The Rock,she said "It's Dwayne Johnson from FAST and furious 5"..........

Do u think hollywood is also one of the reason why Rock is popular ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Rock's return reminded us all how good he used to be (and how good WWE used to be), he is probably the most charismatic and likeable wrestler in history, he is so quotable that half the words that come out of his mouth become catchphrases.

That's why he's so popular combined with the fact that he's been away.

• 9 years ago

Hulk Hogan is the most well-known pro wrestler in the world and when people hear the name "Hulk Hogan" they automatically think of professional wrestling and back to his prime days in the 70's and 80's. Everyone has heard the name Hulk Hogan before, even people that never watched any pro wrestling.

But on the other hand, Dwayne Johnson is one of the fastest rising action movie actors in Hollywood today. He's one of the most wanted actors all around and stars in huge box office draw movies like FF5, G.I. Joe, etc.

Although the thing is that unlike The Rock, Hogan became famous for what he did as a professional wrestler. He became so incredibly popular that he expanded to even further dimensions. "The Rock" is not as popular as "Dwayne Johnson", because it's the actor "Dwayne Johnson" that is well-known outside the wrestling business, not "The Rock".

So, yeah, people outside of wrestling will know who "Dwayne Johnson" is, but not "The Rock".

• 9 years ago

He's more popular because he's DWAYNE, not The Rock. So yeah, Hollywood makes him more popular.

• 9 years ago

I'm honestly no fan of The Rock...nor John Cena.

Hornswoggle all the way!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Of course it is. More people probably watch his film than people know him from wrestling.

Ta ta, For Now!

• 9 years ago

One of them yes but the most no

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, Definitely..!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think he's the most popular guy outside of wrestling but in wrestling Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold were more popular

• 9 years ago

no ............. u know what many people dont know all filmstars but will knew many wwe superstars

it varies

but rock is nothing without WWE..

personally i watch his movies because he's WWE superstars and have lot of fun

• 9 years ago

of course

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.