Christians ; Are you supposed to follow the OT and NT? need Bible verses?

Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Acts chapter 15 clearly instructs Gentile Christians, listing **all** of the regulations of the Old Testament that Gentile Christians are required to follow, and *clearly* stating this. Please read the entire chapter - the instruction is repeated twice there!

- Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com/

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

you have needless to say on no account study the Bible, you haven't any thought what you're conversing approximately. In John, financial ruin 13, verse 34, Jesus says, "a sparkling commandment I supply to you, which you adore one yet another; as I surely have enjoyed you, which you moreover mght love one yet another." Did that replace the 1st 10, or is that the eleventh Commandment? given which you probably did no longer difficulty to quote scripture once you stated, "it rather is obviously defined interior the NT that each regulation interior the OT would be binding constantly!", I won't the two. Jesus himself stated the nutritional rules no longer utilized, nor did a number of the Sabbath rules (His occasion - a sheep falls down the properly, will you wait till the Sabbath is over to get it, or artwork on the Sabbath?) The OT rules of stoning have been brushed off by utilizing Christ, besides. God in Acts, additionally says the outdated nutritional rules no longer practice. i'm guessing you're a Muslim, somewhat than an indignant former church-goer, given which you haven't any awareness of scripture, in any respect.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

"Christians ; Are you supposed to follow the OT and NT? need Bible verses?"

One is supposed to, but it's like they're two completely seperate religions.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Paul's words here quoted would apply to the OT and therefore it means that Christians need the whole Bible.

2Timothy 3:16,17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

"If ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the Law" (Gal. 5:18).

"If that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second" (Heb. 8:7).

"We [Jews who have been born again] have been released from the Law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code" (Rom. 7:6).

"Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Rm. 10:4); "The Law and the prophets were until John [the Baptizer]" (Lk. 16:16a); "The Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (Jn. 1:17).

"If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). Jesus said to keep His commandments, NOT keep the Mosaic Law.

"Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them" (Heb.13:9).

There is much more that you can find if you open a Bible and read it.

• 9 years ago

ALL scripture is given for doctrine, reproof, and instruction in righteousness. However, it's important for a Christian to know and understand the differences between The Law and Grace. Read the book of Galatians.

• 9 years ago

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

(Rom 15:4)

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

(1 Cor 10:11)

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

(Heb 9:15)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other than Jesus himself said so:

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17)

• 9 years ago

Atheist panda, are you not supposed to sleep with me?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.