Opinions needed on Gay Marriage in WV?

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Supporters of gay marriage rallied in front of the Cabell County Courthouse in Huntington on Tuesday, only to be met by counter-protesters.

The Valentine's Day rally included an attempt by at least one gay and one lesbian couple to apply for marriage licenses.

"It's a day about love," said Justin Murdock of Huntington.

He and his partner, William Glavaris, were one of the couples applying for a marriage license.

The demonstrators supporting gay marriage were met by counter-protesters, a group from the Mount Olive Independent Fundamental Baptist Church of Hurricane.

"It bothers me terribly that it's going on in the country," Pastor Ernie Spence told WSAZ.com. "When it comes this close to home, it's time that we need to take a stand for it."

The gay and lesbian couples were turned away from applying for a marriage license at the clerk's office.

Favorite Answer

First of all, gay people shouldn't be divided by gender. Gay and homosexual applies to both men and women, not just men. The very act of calling gay women lesbians where "gay marriage" is concerned instantly excludes them from the entire process, likewise for "gay rights" too. Sooooo many people object to gay marriage simply because they're disgusted by the idea of gay men having sex, if those idiots can be taught that gay applies to the women too perhaps it'll help them overcome their ignorance.

Beyond that, religion is a lifestyle choice and nobody can dictate the lives of others based on the personal choices they make. Sexuality is innate and cannot change, religion can and must to keep up with a modern and progressive society.

• Mercer

Well we all know the suspense into this news. The country is changing. People want different things. The christian has had strong influence and is losing influence as people are more bold.

For me I love being married and I love my traditional family.

It is just like abortion and every other issue people have different life styles and opinions. Who ever gets more votes will win for their cause.

I hope that people get what they want. I hope people can marry if they want to. I hope we can all eventually live in a happy world together with out division but that is not going to be easy to obtain.

marriage is an expression of love, and no one has the right to stop an expression of love between consenting people.

all it is is love, what's so wrong with that!