Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Side effects from antidepressants, help?

It's been a little over a week now. The same amount of time I was on the meds. I had really bad side effects so I was told to stop. I'd say it's 85% better. Still have a little body numbness and my left eye that was blurry is getting better. Can it take this long?

im currently taking 2 lots of medication 1 antidepressant and the other a beta blocker.

antid's can take up to bout 12 weeks to get in your system fully.

side effects should stop after a couple of weeks i know the side effects are grim but carry on taking and dont just stop give it a week or so if the side effects havnt settled down go back to your gp they might put u on another 1 anti depressant doesnt work for all it took me 4 attempts to find the right 1. im taking mirtazaoine and there fantastic.

good luck x

I stopped taking all my anxiety and depression pills because of the side effects! The real bad side effects lasted about a month though. Also, if your side effects don't approve go see your doctor! It may just be the wrong medication for you. It took me 3 try's before I found the "right" prescription. You shouldn't have to feel sick all the time.

You'll get better soon, just be patient. And, stay away from those pills!!!! Daily exercise helped my boyfriend with his depression issues more than any pill did.

join the club of ppl who's health is being damaged by anti depressants. there are a lot of you out there. antidepressants are famous for this. 5htp is the serotonin precursor. it can help u deal with depression. its natural too.

wait another couple of days and it should all go :)