Is googling "lolicon" illegal?

I was screwing around on google images and I made the stupid decision to type in lolicon and press the enter key. Safesearch was off and I saw thumbnails of lolicon images-I never clicked on any though. Can I be arrested for this?

Favorite Answer

This after your sexting woes as well. You seem to have the red button syndrome.... you know, the red button that has the "Do Not Press" warning on the wall next to it..... but the urge is so strong..... gotta press it... gotta find out...

Googling it isn't illegal..... there's a wikipedia page all about it. If in doubt (and are you really that interested in cartoons of young girls with sexual undertones?) don't do it. There's probably nothing wrong, but given how puritanical people get about anything sexual related to kids it's better not to risk the ire of the less understanding.

No, just because you typed in "lolicon" doesn't mean you are going to get arrested. Maybe you could've typed in lolicon to read an article of someone else being arrested for possessing lolicon images and such. (No one would know you were at image section)

Still, lolicon is something to be avoided ...

Um, no ...