What do i need to max out BF3?

I'm going to build my own computer but I have no idea what components I need to max out games like BF3. How much does it cost, and can someone please make a full list of the parts I need to build the computer?

Favorite Answer

You'll need around €1800, £1500 or $2000 USD.

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO. Rated as one of the best motherboards for the Sandy Bridge-platform around which I can certainly confirm. Has onboard bluetooth, 6 USB 2.0 ports along with 2 USB 3.0 ports right off the bat and supports up to 32GB of RAM. Not that you'll really need more than 4-8 in the next 5 years for gaming, but still.

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K. Even on stock speeds, this processor is a beast. Currently the cream of the crop in terms of gaming performance for the money. It is a "K" processor which means the multiplier is unlocked so you can overclock this beast to make it a monster if ever necessary.

RAM: Corsair 8GB XMS3 DDR3-1333 RAM. Very fast, very stable, very large and very cheap. What else would you need to know?

Videocard: AMD Radeon HD7970. Currently the fastest single-GPU solution on the planet. Very pricey but the performance of this thing will certainly be worth it.

Power Supply: Corsair GS700. This power supply is more than capable of feeding this computer with plenty of power. Also has a very nice blue LED fan on top of it for eye candy.

Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF30. Very good airflow. Two speed-adjustable 120mm blue LED intake-fans on the front, 1 LED 120mm exhaust fan on the back as well as a 140mm (no LED) fan on the top. Especially in combination with that power supply, this computer will look like it's made for Alienware...but better. What's there to say about this case...front USB ports, front audio ports, more hard drive cages than you'll ever need, 3 optical drive bays along with an option to mount an SSD on the floor. Built for gaming, bought for so much more.

CPU Cooler: depends on your overclocking needs. If you don't want to overclock in the next couple months, the stock cooler will be just fine. Get a $60 cooler if you want to go to 4.4GHz on the CPU, preferably Scythe or Corsair, and get something like a Corsair H100 if you want to set your CPU on 4.8-5GHz, assuming it'll survive those rediculous clock speeds.

DVD Drive: seriously, get the cheapest piece of crap DVD burner you can find in the store, if you want blu ray you can get a $65 Blu ray reader somewhere and pair it up with a $20 DVD burner. All you need to do is install your OS and maybe read a disc once in a blue moon so a very cheap solution is all you'll ever need for gaming, seeing as how Steam and Origin are slowly but certainly taking over.

Solid State Drive: now this is the part that will make your computer fly. Get an OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD for around $140ish. Windows will literally fly open as well as load heavy programs like Photoshop in 2-3 seconds with everything ready to use. If you are like me, you will release a masculin tear the first time you use one. Alt+tabbing out of and back into a game is like opening and closing Notepad. An SSD like this one simply does not seem to care. Also comes with a very nice sticker that says 'My SSD is faster than your HDD' so you have something to show your HDD booting friends!

Hard drive (storage): Samsung HD502HJ 500GB hard disk drive. It's a standard 7200RPM but it won't feel like one. Copying files on mine goes at a rate of 80-120MB/s average which is unbelievable for a 7200RPM hard drive, especially considering the price of it.

Sound Card (optional): Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1. It uses an excellent Creative X-FI chip but doesn't have the nasty Creative driver-issues we've all come to expect from that company. Auzentech is actually very good when it comes to driver support so you know you're getting an outstanding sound processing device!

Headset (if you're getting a sound card instead of using onboard): Corsair Vengeance 1300. Very good headset for the money. Surpasses many of the more expensive headsets available making this one a price-performance product worth considering! If price is of no concern to you, you can go with something like the Sennheiser PC360 to get even better sound quality but you'll definitely feel it in your wallet.

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M60. 5700DPI sensor, precision like you've never felt before in games, a nice blue look to it and a sniper button which makes it perfect for FPS gaming. The M90 is a better option for you if you're going to play MMORPG like World of Warcraft or RIFT.

Keyboard: I can't provide you with relevant or useful imformation about that because I don't know much about them. I use a Logitech G15 myself and...well, it's ok.

Monitor (not included in price): Iiyama E2473HDS-B1. 2ms response ratio, decent picture quality and a resolution of 1920*1080 makes this the perfect budget-oriented monitor you can find as of today. CRT monitors will always have superior quality if you can still find one, though.

That pretty much covers the entire computer. Feel free to ask questions if you have them through the 'Additional Details' button.

Source(s): My computer has the same case, SSD, HDD, motherboard, RAM and mouse. I went with the Intel Core i7-2600K because I needed the extra HyperThreading (which you don't). I also got a lower-end GPU because my budget didn't allow a $600 graphics card at the time.

I can max out BF3 just fine at around 70+fps on a 1680x1050 screen. Here are my specs:

XFX ATI Radeon 6970 2GB GPU

Intel i7 2600k 3.4ghz (overclockable to 4ghz but i havent the need yet :D)

8gb of RAM DDR3 1600mhz

750gb HDD 7200rpm Hitachi

60gb SSD 525mb/s read 500mb/s write OCZ Agility (i would use this to install your OS and other crucial things)

6gb/s P67 ASRock Experimental4 Gene3 Motherboard

650w Corsair PSU (one of the best PSU makers around)

My case (forgot the name at the moment X_X) has 4 built in fans

In total, I spent nearly $700 dollars due to sales and discounts. Otherwise, the total could be around $1200. Good Luck!

Source(s): BTW check out this site for parts www.newegg.com
  • PTRP

Here you go :

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K - $230

ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - $185

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL - $47

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $125

EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - $360 ($340 after rebate)

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850M 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular High Performance Power Supply - $140 ($125 after rebate)

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Blue LED Fans-1x 230mm front fan, 1x 230mm top fan, 1x 230mm side fan, and 1x 140mm rear fan - $170

Logitech Wireless Combo MK260 920-002950 Black 8 Function Keys USB RF Wireless Standard Keyboard and Mouse - $25

Acer G215HVAbd Black 21.5" 5ms Full HD WideScreen LCD Monitor 200 cd/m2 20,000:1 Max (ACM) - $120

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 - $30

ALTEC LANSING BXR1220 2.0 Speaker System - $22

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM - $100

TOTAL : $1554($1519 after rebate), this is a perfect COMPLETE build for that price, this build could practically play all games including BF3 on max settings on 1080p with good FPS =P

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-56...

BTW< you could still change / alter other parts like the casing,speakers,monitor etc according to your preference, basically the 2500k and the gtx 570 (and higher cards of course) is good enough to max out BF3 with great FPS.

NOTE : newegg parts and prices

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Z68 DDR3 Intel 1155pin Motherboard

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600

GPU: ASUS 1280M GTX570 PCI-E VGA Card

HDD: WD Black 1TB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB cache

Optical Drive: LG Black

PSU: Corsair TX-750 ATX Power Supply Unit

Case: ------

Here this is pretty much my build. It will be about $1300, depends where you get it. I got my PC built at MSY.

• arieux

the specifications must be capable to max it out, so for those who run into disorders I might best expect its the cooling method maintaining you again, plenty of instances that is the trouble for the reason that it runs first-class for a part hour then bombs in efficiency.

NVIDIA GTX 570 or higher.

Intel i5 2600K or higher.