Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

If a woman still feels bitter about ex husband years later....?

A couple got divorced within five years and there were no children. 10 years later she still feels bitter towards him even though she is happily remarried. Do you think this suggests the split was more his fault/ he wronged her more than she him?

Also is this normal or should she feel nutural by now?

*neutral

• jude
    Favorite Answer

i don't think you can ever feel neutral when someone hurts you, if she had done something bad to him too eventually she would not be bitter after awhile. this does suggest he really hurt her and that she was never able to find any closure.

I can't comment if the feelings are normal, but I would agree with the conclusion that suggests she feels wronged.

That being said, 10 years later is too long to think on something like that. 7+ billion people in the world, to let one ruin a life is insane.

It's natural to still feel bitter if the guy she got divorced from was a really bad person. I doesn't necessarily mean that he was more at fault than she was, but it means he probably did her wrong.

I do not feel bitter towards my abusive ex. I feel bad for him. He needs to get into rehab and get counseling. he is living a lonely life. My son has nothing to do with his so called Dad. I am now married to the most wonderful man

It sounds like the guy done something really wrong for her to feel so bitter towards him after all that time!

Maybe there was an incident that was so traumatic that it's difficult for her fo embrace, even 10 years later. She has not learned to value of forgiveness.

10 years? She needs anger management counselling.

• Adapt

It suggests she had worse feelings about it and nothing else.

good.