Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Is a liberal the same thing as an anarchist?

I myself feel safer with no government just let everyone go and if someone kills someone else then one of his friends kill him and there is no more murderer

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Liberals and Anarchists are on essentially opposite ends of the political spectrum. Extreme liberalism is a totalitarian government where the state controls the actions of it's citizens while extreme anarchy is a state in which government does not exist at all. Libertarians are the closest things to Anarchists, but the majority of them still believe that the government must still exist to perform some basic social functions like national defense and protection of property rights. Libertarians have very conservative ideology which is the opposite of liberal ideology.

• 9 years ago

I often talk about this to people with political misconceptions.

A conservative wants small government with less power, and s liberal wants larger government with more power. So technically a conservative is closer, but not at all an anarchist.

A lot of young people make this misconception.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Communism has a nasty call purely like libertarians. real communism is a huge equipment, and we've yet to have a real communist government, everywhere. We do besides the fact that have a large number of real fascist international places.

• 9 years ago

Libertarians are more closely related to anarchists.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Nope.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well, yes, of course.

Their ideas that the Bill of Rights and Constitution are "living documents" more then proves that.

They want to fundamentally change our country.

• qwert
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No, liberals like to use the government to redistribute wealth and control other people.

• Liz
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

There are parts of most major cities where your ideas are reality. I would not recommend going there but......

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

NO.... being a liberal is the same thing as being a blithering idiot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.