Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

When god/jesus talks to you, what shape does it take, is it an audible voice in your head?

Favorite Answer

When Jesus talks to me it might as well be inaudible because I couldn't hear him over the leaf blower and I don't speak Mexican.

God 'speaks' to the heart of a Christian in that He guides that Christian into a decision or motivates him/her through inspiration and/or conscience to do/not do a thing that is in accordance with God's will. Call it spiritual guidance, if you will.

This ‘speaking to the heart,’ or also referred to as ‘laying upon the heart’ is within not without. The heart (a euphemism for mind) is not an organ of hearing, thus the manner of communication is not audible but mental, heard from within.

But it is impossible for me, as a Christian, to explain to you, an unbeliever, to the point that you would believe me that God communicates and fellowships in and upon a Christian. When a Christian prays he/she feels the presence of the Holy Spirit, the presence of God. It is not like a slap on the back, it is just a felling of His presence. This I cannot make you feel or even believe in. I just know ‘cause I know, you know what I mean?

Would be to God, Mr. FSM, that if just even for a moment you would know and feel the presence of the Lord as I have. You would then convert on the spot instantly! But only God can turn a heart. Ask Him to touch yours -- He will. He won't do it with great theatrics, He isn't going to plop down in your living room and show you a couple of miracles, He doesn't operate that way; And He might not do it for a long time, but He promised that all would find Him whom first sought Him out.

Luke 11:9-10 (Jesus speaking)

9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (KJV)

Jesus said we would know his voice if we belong to him.......the spirit speaks to my spirit....nothing audible......although some people have heard audible voices at times......

• Alikat

The voices in your head aren't god or jesus....

seek help

Try to talk your god when you sincerely want to- believe me u will feel the air touching u softly, sparking a sense of talking in you.

Or you can shout loud so that the god himself comes and asks u to stop !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think of god like a bankrobber: I have the choice to give him the money (my dignity) or not, but if I don't, I'll get hurt, but this bankrobber loves me and is giving me the freedom of choice to choose my options because he's mercyful.

when you talk to God it's prayer, when God talks to you it's schizophrenia. Remember the rule.

I don't think this i a question from someone who really wants to know.

it sound liek the loudest thing in the universe times infinity yet it does not hurt my ears