Do I have to drink more water?

The subject came up in my Biology lesson - you have to drink 8 cups of water a day?? I have, on a school day, half a cup, whole cup at best. On a non school day I don't have any water at all, barely any fluid actually. When doing physical activity, I still don't drink afterward, and the reason why is simple - I don't feel thirsty! However, I've noticed that on the rare occasions when I do drink water I find it hard to not drink all of the water I have, and more, which I am assuming is a sign of thirst. I've tried drinking lots of water but it isn't working for me - the taste doesn't bother me, but I feel bloated after drinking it and the cool of it on my teeth hurts because my teeth have always been sensitive (My parents will not buy the Sensodyne or other products like this for some reason), so I simply don't drink water. What should I do? Is it essential to drink so much water?

Favorite Answer

The more water you drink the better it is for you. The only real bad thing about drinking too much water is you might have to pee a lot but that's it.

Don't try to drink it all at one time. Keep a bottle near by and take a swallow every once in awhile. You can also keep a glass of water in the fridge and take a drink every once in awhile.

I drink room temperature water because ice water hurts my teeth. And it does not make my stomach hurt. Give it a try. Keep a bottle of water outside the fridge with the cap on.

It's really healthy for your skin and your body to drink as much water as you can! I usually drink 4 bottles of water a day!! I recommend trying to atleast drink about to 3 cups!!

Always(5x200ml)

depend upon you