Would you consider dating a racist?

Imagine a person perfect and awesome in almost everything else. But he/she is racist/nationalistic would you overlook this?

PS I'm not talking about myself lol

Favorite Answer

I'm not racist , i'm realist bro , wassup

Well, think of it this way...you are, I imagine, a rational person, and rational people talk a lot about how everyone in the world should be considered the same, treated the same, have the same rights etc. Rational people also see the world as being 196 different countries with at least 196 separate and different types of people in it.

Racists, however, see the world as only 3 broad types of people: black, white and Asian.

Therefore, racists are at least 193 steps closer than rational people to seeing everyone in the world as the same...

Feel free to date one :)))

Source(s): Richard Herring, comedian.

I once went out with a girl who I didn't realise was racist until like a year in...bit of an awkward moment when she told me. It certainly made me think less of her for being so narrow minded and stupid. But I could overlook it. However if they were extremely rude to the people whom they were prejudiced against it would definitely cause problems.

Say, I was out in public and your partner starts swearing at a man because he is black, yeah i'd have a go at her and walk away. Bottom line is, as long as they keep their thoughts to themselves, its overlookable.

• LillyB

My partner does have some racist points of view which are very different from my own. He is however in every other respect a kind, decent, honest human being. I don't believe in hating people because they have different points of view to me. If he were somone that took action on his thoughts then that would be different but it's not up to me what he thinks. We have had very different life experiences and I understand where his point of view comes from. He does not hate me because I have a different view to him. We agree to differ and not discuss the issue. His views do not define who he is.

• lola

No. I find racism utterly repellant, and certainly couldn't be in a relationship with someone that would be intolerant of my friends, based solely on skin color/ethnic background. As well, I can't imagine what it would be like, trying to raise free-thinking children, with a partner encouraging them to judge people on physical traits they have no control over.

I think I could make an effort to accept it and attempt dating him, yes.

no i woulnt because how can you date smeone with a hate for someone because of where they come from. thats the way they were born. but point is no. i wouldnt.

Not date her but I'd bang her a few times :)