Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 9 years ago

What are the advantages and disadvantages of semi-moist pet food?

As part of one of my college assignments i am required to explain the advantages and disadvantages of certain types of pet food but i am stuck on the semi-moist food and cannot find anything on it. Please help.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Lauren
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Advantages:

Highly palatable - is a balance between dry and wet, and is very appealing to pets, kind of like candy

Can come in cute shapes and colors - customers like this, pets don't tend to care much

Lasts longer than wet - can sit out in a pet bowl all day long and still be edible

Disadvantages:

Not healthy for teeth - tends to have sugar as an ingredient, and can rot the teeth

Usually contains artificial colors/preservatives, such as BHA and BHT.

Doesn't last as long as dry food because of the moisture content

Not as filling as dry food/high moisture content

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I remember a commercial that showed a couple of eggs in a frying pan and the tag line said - this is your brain on drugs. Another one was the photo of an old wrinkled woman with a cigarette in her mouth with the tagline - Smoking is Glamorous. If you can do something like that visually, because most people will spend about 20 seconds reading and retaining what you say, but will look at photo and be able to tell you years later what was on it - how about a photo of a super skinny anorexic model who eats 8 grapes a day and ends up dying and a photo of an extremely obese person a the other end of the rung, and one with a person in reasonable shape, looks like exercises, eats good foods then ask the question - Healthy? Your Choice!! It has been said a picture is worth a 1000 words - think about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.