Jibs asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

why are people sheep?

I don't understand why people listen to the same stuff, but the same things, act the same way. It seems like everyone in their 20s is obsessed with iphones, ipads, stupid popular music and all this crap. I relate to NONE of this. I don't understand....why is everyone the same?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's been the same way for thousands of years (I give you religion) ... it is far easier to let someone else do the thinking and follow the leader than it is to think for yourself ... in thinking for yourself, the crowd is much smaller, but the company is infinitely better, and usually more intelligent.

• 9 years ago

Wow. i dont know if i want to help you or attack you. i guess ill try to help you because your efforts to attack people are probably based on negative feelings from feeling different. Some people listen to popular music because they genuinely like it. Others because they want to fit in. And some do it for a mix of both. When i was a kid i listened to some popular rap music, partially to fit in and partially because i liked it. Now i listen to Skrillex purely because i thoroughly enjoy his music. That is also the reason i listen to Bob Marley. 2pac Big l and Liz Phair.

there is also a third angle as to why people do the same things which relates to the emotion attachment. to give you an example. i didnt used to like dubstep whether it be skrillex or any other producer. however after having a great time at lolla. feeling the rush of breaking in. and hooking up with lots of girls in the dubstep pit. i started to like dubstep.

the point im trying to get at is one can like something because one felt great while around it listening to it or anything for that matter. and to further this. say you have a great time with your friends and you remember them all wearing a certain style of clothes. you might then enjoy look at the style of clothing and want to wear it yourself.

To sum up my main points into one all encompassing theory. people do everything in life for many different reasons which they are often not consciously aware. of. and honestly you probably are this way too. (many hipsters are such because they feel as if by not being a part of the norm. and by listening to music that is not popular. they are special for going against the herd, to use your sheep terminology.) When in fact none of us are truly special. humans are 99 percent the same genetic code. and yet each individual is truly special. life is a subjective matter as is ones likes and dislikes. why do you like one color more than the other? you just do.

• 9 years ago

Because the majority of the people remain at the level of a civilized primate and never reach the level of a cultured human being. Physically, there are no differences between the two distinct species.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because the follow the trend they follow the crowd. They wanna be socially accepted by what they have and what they listen to. Its a shame really and really sad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

This generation = no hope

Technology ruined everything

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

First answer got it right

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.