Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 9 years ago

Is Siberia a country?

OK so i'm getting really confused. I just found out that Russia is a country spread over two continents but i always thought that Siberia was a country and I know that Siberia is in Russia. And (I'm not sure about this) that Novosibirsk was the capital of Siberia O_o I feel pretty dumb not knowing this but i dont live in Russia soooooo...yeah

• Randal
    Favorite Answer

Novosibirsk is considered to be the regional capital. However, it is not the capital of a country.

-

The region referred to as Siberia, occupies about 5.2 million square miles, which roughly corresponds to about 9 percent of Earth's dry land mass. It is bounded by the Ural Mountains in the west and by the Pacific Ocean in the east. To the south lies central Asia, Mongolia, and China, and to the north the Arctic Ocean.

------

Encompassing much of the Eurasian Steppe, the territory of Siberia extends eastward from the Ural Mountains to the watershed between the Pacific and Arctic drainage basins, and southward from the Arctic Ocean to the hills of north-central Kazakhstan and the national borders of Mongolia and China. Siberia makes up about 77% of Russia's territory (13.1 million square kilometres),

===

I hope this is helpful.

• cains

Is Siberia A Country

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is Siberia a country?

OK so i'm getting really confused. I just found out that Russia is a country spread over two continents but i always thought that Siberia was a country and I know that Siberia is in Russia. And (I'm not sure about this) that Novosibirsk was the capital of Siberia O_o I feel pretty dumb not...

Source(s): siberia country: https://tinyurl.im/vlJM2

Siberia ain't a nation, Spirit User. It's an eastern region in Russia. & Novosibirsk isn't the Russian capital, although I'm amazed anyone can make that guess. If I were to make a wrong answer, I'd say that St. Petersburg was the capital. But of course it's Moscow.

• pelzer

What Is Siberia

No Siberia is a region in Asia, with most of it's body located in Russia.

• ?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axbWp

Since Siberia is located in Russia, therefore it's language is Russian ....

yes it is a country