Anyone successful with online dating?

So I finally got the nerve up to give the online dating a try. I work about 60 hours a week and don't go to the bars so I didn't see many other options. Turns out I met someone after a few tries and it seems like she is the one. I'm just curious, anyone else had luck like this? I see the testimonials on the sites but I tend to have doubts when a website promotes themself...

Favorite Answer

It's hard to meet meet people in real life nowadays, everyone seems so busy. Quite few friends of mine had a great experience with online dating. It's all about what are you looking for (long-lasting, marriage, just for fun), how you position yourself in your profile and a website you pick ( I've heard of dream marriage, Eharmony being pretty good). Good luck)

Source(s): Experience

Don't listen to website promotions or promises, look more to the actual people profiles themselves.

Dating online can be just as (if not more) successful than meeting people at parties, bars, or through friends. Why? Because you can filter out interests, find common ground, and even sort through people by looks, too.

Sounds shallow? Nope. Attraction is a huge part of dating, and it never hurts to find attractive people who share the same interests you do. Keep an open mind and go for it. Just be careful, and try to have phone conversations before meeting anyone, to really feel them out first.

oh yes

lots of people are successful with online dating

just be honest, set yourself simple basic safety rules and you will be fine!

also stick to the official dating websites...any that look suss ... are probably suss. Especially the ones like match making, that suck all the money out of you...

you should never pay anything more then about $50 on a dating website..... $50 - you meet the person you will marry ... worth it!

Source(s): opinionated