Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 9 years ago

What can compare to being shot by a paintball?

I'm going paintballing for my birthday. and i was just wondering if anything could compare to a paintball, the most pain it can cause, like if it doesn't explode. Im a kickboxer, so i think i can take it, but i just would like to be aware.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To clarify a paintball flying at 270 fps is roughly 180 mph, not 20 mph. The way i think a paintball feels is depending on the paint. Good quality paint usually feels like a rubber band or sometimes you won't even feel it because of the adrenaline. Cheap paintballs ( Monster balls ) on the other hand, they feel more like someone rolling up a wet towel and whipping you across the back. You rarely see monster balls anymore though.

• 9 years ago

Oh nothing bad bro u get a bruise about the size of a quarter. The balls go about 20 mph or 260 fps usually under that highest 270. Really not bad stings a second but if u get shot on the spine I was down I could not move very well at all should not be a problem though. Feels like a small rock hitting u at 20 mph

Source(s): 5 years of paintballing
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nothing really compares to it because of the size of the paintball and velocity. I suppose in terms of overall pain (sting) you could say a large rubber band folded twice and pulled all the way back. But paintballs will bruise and feel a lot different.

• 9 years ago

a blue elastic band...pulled allll the way back, then released on your skin... thats pretty much the same thing. You dont feel like from adrenaline tho...so dont worry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Its fine just as long as its not bare skin its a bit like getting pinched quite sharply.

Source(s): Personal Experience
  • 9 years ago

Once you get the adrenaline going, you don't really feel it even if it does hurt.

Source(s): played paintball for years.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.