Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationOther - Outdoor Recreation · 9 years ago

What can compare to being shot by a paintball?

I'm going paintballing for my birthday. and i was just wondering if anything could compare to a paintball, the most pain it can cause, like if it doesn't explode. Im a kickboxer, so i think i can take it, but i just would like to be aware.

Favorite Answer

To clarify a paintball flying at 270 fps is roughly 180 mph, not 20 mph. The way i think a paintball feels is depending on the paint. Good quality paint usually feels like a rubber band or sometimes you won't even feel it because of the adrenaline. Cheap paintballs ( Monster balls ) on the other hand, they feel more like someone rolling up a wet towel and whipping you across the back. You rarely see monster balls anymore though.

Oh nothing bad bro u get a bruise about the size of a quarter. The balls go about 20 mph or 260 fps usually under that highest 270. Really not bad stings a second but if u get shot on the spine I was down I could not move very well at all should not be a problem though. Feels like a small rock hitting u at 20 mph

Source(s): 5 years of paintballing

Nothing really compares to it because of the size of the paintball and velocity. I suppose in terms of overall pain (sting) you could say a large rubber band folded twice and pulled all the way back. But paintballs will bruise and feel a lot different.

a blue elastic band...pulled allll the way back, then released on your skin... thats pretty much the same thing. You dont feel like from adrenaline tho...so dont worry.

Its fine just as long as its not bare skin its a bit like getting pinched quite sharply.

Source(s): Personal Experience

Once you get the adrenaline going, you don't really feel it even if it does hurt.

Source(s): played paintball for years.