IChee
Lv 4
IChee asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why is someone who may simply detest homosexual behavior labeled homophobic?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Simple because in order to FORCE those people to bend to the will of the gay agenda they MUST remove the validity of the argument those people make against gays so they LABEL them as "Phobic" to try to remove the credibility of the argument they make against it.

In other words they LIE.

Edit tonii...Here is a prime example of what i said the term "phobic" is a psychological descriptive used in the mental health profession it describes an unwarranted or uncontrollable fear of objects or things......Tonii simply bastardizing a term that does not reflect what the opposition to gays is and repeating over and over does not make it truth..Nobody is "scared" of you gays we simply don't wish to have your lifestyle involved with the one we have chosen as is our RIGHT.

• 9 years ago

Because fear is based around ignorance.

If an Iraqi mother has her children killed and her home destroyed by American soldiers then she has a logical reason to detest America. If you think a man loving a man is wrong and detest people for havign feelings that you detest, you don't really have much of a leg to stand on. There is no logic there, just blind hatred.

• 4 years ago

by means of fact whilst one guy or woman tells you they do no longer trust area of you that makes up a number of who you're, is unchangeable, and is no longer your selection (in spite of what your pastor or some self proclaimed professional interior the sphere would have instructed you) like your brown eyes or another random and inconsequential factor that makes no distinction in everyone's each and on a daily basis lives different than the gay's, you may grow to be slightly shocked and think of to your self why is this guy or woman even voicing their opinion on something that has no longer something to do with them, it relatively is not as though i'm relationship this guy or woman's dad or mum, reckoning on ones gay selection, the guy who took the holiday to disagree is categorized a homophobe a number of the time by means of fact the shortcoming to, "agree," with the persons, "life type," is ridiculous and irrational, it relatively is not something that desires your approval and in and of itself the disagreeing is an apprehension be it in accordance with biblical or another social basing, by means of fact those are the only issues that end a lot of human beings from coming to words with homosexuality, the social concept that homosexuality is something to be disagreed with, no person has something to declare approximately heterosexuality, whilst is the final time you have heard of a hetero bashing? have been given one? I have been given 10 homo bashings to diminish back it up, and that they are all fueled by the concept that homosexuality is something to be disagreed with. in case you do no longer worry it in some type then what's there to disagree with?

• 9 years ago

Simple. More often than not someone who rants and raves about how much they "simply detest homosexual behavior" is a closeted homosexual.

ted haggard is just one of many classic examples.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15536263/ns/us_news-li...

Source(s): "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 3 scene 2
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because that's what "homophobic" MEANS, dimwit!

You question is a bit like asking "Why is a man who beats his wife senseless every weekend automatically labeled as a violent person?"

• 9 years ago

Detestation and fear are the same thing in the libbie book. I detest liberals, but do I fear them? Not really.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You have no reason to detest "homosexual" behavior...

There's no reason to detest a man caressing another man.

"40And Jonathan gave his artillery unto his lad, and said unto him, Go, carry them to the city.

41And as soon as the lad was gone, David arose out of a place toward the south, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himself three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded.

42And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city."

1 Samuel 20:40-42

An example of a man caressing another man.

" 1 Samuel 18:1-3

Now it came about when he had finished speaking to Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as himself. And Saul took him that day and did not let him return to his father's house. Then Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself.

1 Samuel 20:16-17

So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, "May the LORD require it at the hands of David's enemies." And Jonathan made David vow again because of his love for him, because he loved him as he loved his own life.

2 Samuel 1:25-26

“How have the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! Jonathan is slain on your high places. I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; You have been very pleasant to me. Your love to me was more wonderful than the love of women.”

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

This guy Mr X said it so well I'm giving him the best answer when my question hits the hour mark.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aq_fV...

He puts

Psychologizing is an effective debating (and bullying) tactic if applied wrongly, it makes the validity of the argument in question seem less valid to the audience because it's implied or explicitly stated that the only or at least main reason that said argument is even being used is due to your mental state which is supposedly suffering from some sort of irrational fear.

By doing so this takes the pressure off those who are psychologizing their opponent to actually prove the argument empirically or logically false.

Source(s): Fuck liberal commies
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

because you are an ignorant con hack

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

The phrase, like "racist", is used more times than not, to silence the opposition. Nothing more.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.