Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

i have a shihtzu that might be pregnant?

i have a shih tzu and i think shes pregnant all she does in eat and sleep and she gets sick in the mornings she was in heat about 5 weeks ago and i left her in my mums because she has a male shih tzu so i was hopeing they would breed but last time she was in heat she had the signs of being pregnant but she wasnt i dont know how long she has to be for you to take her to the vet so if anyone can help id be very greatful tanks

Favorite Answer

The only way to know is to take the dog to a vet .

My advice would be get her spayed Shih tzu suffer from genetic defects ,and if this is not tested your passing on a life time of misery to a litter.

Having had a Shih Tzu that suffered with genetic defects he was a rescue dog ,it broke my heart to see him suffer so much

Do the right thing and spay your pet quality dog

• Your vet can do a blood test or ultrasound to be sure. The symptoms you described (increased eating/sleeping and vomiting) are common signs. Other signs include abnormal behaviour traits, nipple growth, change in the nipple color, clear vaginal discharge, and a non-interest in males.