A name for my music composition?

Here's the link to my 2nd composition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ura6hFcIMNU

Youtube thumbnail

I need help giving it a name, and my friends have said that the piccolo sounds like chirping birds, so the name should be related to nature (doesn't have to be, though). One even suggested that it's a song for gardening, but I don't really agree with that. Well, any suggestions (no matter how insane) are very welcome, and I know some parts don't sound harmonically right, but I have an hour left so they'll get fixed.

Thanks!

• petr b
    Favorite Answer

Until you are in upper level University, conservatory or beyond, any student composition such as this, though original and 'freely' written, was done within the strictures and parameters of an assignment.

These, to me, and as I was taught, need nothing more than " 'acronym' composition No. 2. by Candy ____." -- Really.

Years later, if you pick up this material and re-work it into a more mature and 'non-assignment' piece or incorporate it as one movement of a suite, then it gets your own title, and your adult name as author.

Composer 'Libby Larsen' had an early professional start and early public repute. At some point, a conductor friend noticed the most recent score she had just handed him was signed, Elizabeth Larsen. She is still generally known as Libby Larsen; I bet she now wishes she'd been signing her earlier works as Elizabeth :-)

Well done, by the way.

Best regards.

P.s. FYI, Candice, part of the job of being a composer is coming up with your own titles, not asking the world at large on line.

Spanish Egrets

Love-bird, or sunrise songbird, or songbird of the sunshine/sunrise/sunset, Kissed sunshine, etc

A day at the fair

How about Pastorale?